VOOM Surf and Stream on Adventure

Hi all

I am thinking about buying the above package on Adventure since it's 30% off, so I can do a live review and watch some Netflix. Would Skype also work with Voom? It would be cool to give my god daughter a tour of the ship through skype and call home. For those of you that have sailed Adventure, what was your experience with the speed? Thanks. :-)

Cindy

Hi all

I am thinking about buying the above package on Adventure since it's 30% off, so I can do a live review and watch some Netflix. Would Skype also work with Voom? It would be cool to give my god daughter a tour of the ship through skype and call home. For those of you that have sailed Adventure, what was your experience with the speed? Thanks. :-)

Cindy

I don't believe that Adventure has the fast VOOM at this time.

I don't believe that Adventure has the fast VOOM at this time.

That was my impression too, but they are selling VOOM packages for my September sailing. RCI knows how to confuse someone. I'll cross my finger and hope they install it between now and then. Slim chance, I know. But a girl can hope :) Thanks, Bob.

Edited by sg1phileshipper

That was my impression too, but they are selling VOOM packages for my September sailing. RCI knows how to confuse someone. I'll cross my finger and hope they install it between now and then. Slim chance, I know. But a girl can hope :) Thanks, Bob.

Royal is calling all internet packages on all ships VOOM now, whether they are using the fast O3b system or not. When you think of it, it's actually much easier to deploy VOOM fleetwide when you simply redefine it.:rolleyes:

Seriously, the price you are getting now pre-cruise is better than it has been on board, so at least that's an improvement.

Royal is calling all internet packages on all ships VOOM now, whether they are using the fast O3b system or not. When you think of it, it's actually much easier to deploy VOOM fleetwide when you simply redefine it.:rolleyes:

Seriously, the price you are getting now pre-cruise is better than it has been on board, so at least that's an improvement.

Yes, I know the price is good. But if there's no Voom, they shouldn't be selling two different kind of packages for one device. If I weren't on CC, I'd buy the most expensive one and expect Netflix and Skype to work. That would be fun :)

reception was spotty - great in staterooms,and by pool, but not wonderful everywhere. I bought a three device package, and I would not consider it high speed. It did drop out frequently, and when working it was pretty slow.

But I was on vacation, so not too upset...

Ed