Wilma and Coral Princess

alolewis

As the Coral Princess is now on a Panama Canal cruise, anyone with any info on how Wilma has affected the cruise - change in ports? We are booked on Nov 4 and probably wouldn't mind if we miss some of the ports but really want to do the Panama Canal, would be disappointed if the canal partial transit got cancelled. Just worrying about nothing I know.

If you sail on Nov. 4, it's unlikely that Wilma will affect your cruise. As for the current cruise, the captain will do whatever is necessary to keep the passengers and ship safe, even if it means cancelling the Panama Canal. Very disappointing for those onboard if that happens but it is hurricane season and will be for another month. Nature "happens."

I've been following the Panama Canal cruise since it left Ft. Lauderdale on Saturday. They were at the Panama Canal yesterday and are in Costa Rica today. I don't know their itinerary so don't know where they are supposed to go after today. I've been watching their trip on the Bridge Cam. It was pretty neat to see the Coral go through the locks yesterday. Our cruise is coming up on Nov. 14 and we are just keeping our fingers crossed that there are not going to be any more hurricanes.

Have a wonderful time on your Nov. 4 cruise. Maybe we'll pass each other at the port.

Archived