Getaway 5/15

coachjor

We were on the same cruise! It was our first time on Norwegian and I have to say I really liked it. Like you, I loved the coconut pastries on the Flamingo Grill and our experiences seemed to be pretty similar. Like you, we loved Costa Maya and our least favorite port was Roatan. Million Dollar Quartet was unbelievable. I'm not much into musicals and whatnot, but that performance was amazing.

As for some of the questions on here people have asked, some of which have been answered and some of which not:

Yes, beach towels are in the room and you can take them off the ship.

The bars weren't too crowded, even with the UBP. There were a few times the bar staff was overwhelmed with a big rush of people, but for the most part I found it pretty easily accessible no matter where I was at.

Comedy shows do change. They alternated between a couple of comedians and some nights used the area for the Howl at the Moon performances.

We did not use the self departure option. We chose the 9:00 AM disembarkation and were off the ship, retrieved our bags, went through customs, and were in our car by 9:30. One of the staff told us to go ahead and line up at around 8:45, so in 45 minutes we got through all of it. By far the quickest process I've ever had on a cruise ship.

Thank you! So excited about MDQ! They are getting rave reviews!

Question - it's free to use, but there's a fee if using the text feature?

Just to clarify, the Iconcierge app is free to download. You will now apparently pay $12.99 rather than $7.99 when you set up your account onboard. You can then use all of the app's features at no additional charge. There is no charge for calls or texts to others onboard the ship unless something has changed since I last sailed. Any calls or texts to off ship locations would have rates applied as indicated in the terms.

What time did you dock getting home? Did you do self disembark? If so how long did it take? We are sailing on Breakaway in Nov. and have a 11.30 flight, just wondering if we're safe.

If I remember correctly, we docked about 7:30am. I remember hearing self disembark messaging starting at about 7:45am or so. We didn't do self disembark because we were staying an extra night in Miami.

Can you tell us how lines were at Customs? We always debate when is the smoothest time to disembark as we will stay another 3 days in Miami Beach afterwards. I hate when you rush off only to be stuck in long lines. We could stay to the last time allowed and let those that need to make a flight go first if it's more crowded through those times.

We disembarked with the Purple group (9:20am). It was fairly crowded getting off the ship, but once we got in the line for customs it moved fairly quickly.

We're sailing this Sunday too!! Were the bars crowded w/ everyone that had the UBP? Was it difficult to get a drink?

The bars were crowded some times, but I was able to get a drink fairly quickly.

There are some REALLY nice and good bar staff on the Getaway. Our favorites were Craig (bar outside of the Garden Café) and the staff at Sugarcane (I can't remember their names, but there was a really nice bartender from India).

What about beach towels? Do they have towels you can take off the ship?

They would take a lot of room in luggage if not. Thanks.

Yes they do have beach towels that you are able to take off the ship. Also, they have staff on the port collecting used towels and giving you new ones as you get back on the ship.

Are the comedy shows different every night? thanks!

We only went to 1 late night comedy, so unfortunately I don't know. I would assume though that they would be different. They did have 2 different comedians who rotated shows.

Just to clarify, the Iconcierge app is free to download. You will now apparently pay $12.99 rather than $7.99 when you set up your account onboard. You can then use all of the app's features at no additional charge. There is no charge for calls or texts to others onboard the ship unless something has changed since I last sailed. Any calls or texts to off ship locations would have rates applied as indicated in the terms.

It is free to download the app. It is also free to use it to make reservations,view your account ect. You only have to pay the fee if you want the enhanced features of the app.

This week is seems like you have great disembarkation but it all depends on US customs. We were on the 04/24 sailing and customs were doing thorough clearances. We had a 9am disembarkation scheduled and finally cleared customs at 12:30pm. We were still in line on he ship at 12pm with a lot of people behind us .

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Edited by res2cue

Can you give more insight into the transition of Flamingo Grill to Margaritaville? I hadn't heard they were doing this. Thanks!

Overall the food was pretty good. The only non complementary place we ate at was the Illusionarium. The food there was okay.

We ate in the main dining rooms every other night. There were a couple odd items (shrimp and guacamole salad).

The buffet was good too. I'm sad to hear the Flamingo Grill is changing to a margaritaville. The coconut pastry was SO good. Try the warm cobblers I the buffet too. They were really good.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were also on the Getaway 5/15 - 5/22. We did the speciality dining packages. We had dinner at Teppanyaki, Moderno, Cagneys, The Illusionarium and La Cucina. Let me know if you have any questions about any of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app