Coral Northbound - open dining on late port nights?

lmkucala

Has anyone gone Northbound yet (I think the 1st cruise was on 5/14 out of Vancouver?) on Coral Princess and can you tell me if they have open dining times on the late nights in port for Juneau and Skagway?

We are currently signed up for 5:45 dining on the 6/25 departure and I am going to keep that reserved if they do open dining on those nights (I saw the Ruby review where they did that when they had the late night in Juneau). If they don't have open dining on those nights we may switch to Anytime Dining.

I know we can also always go to the buffet but my husband and son have Celiacs so it's a bit easier and we prefer the MDR dining over the buffet anyway - at least for most nights.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone gone Northbound yet (I think the 1st cruise was on 5/14 out of Vancouver?) on Coral Princess and can you tell me if they have open dining times on the late nights in port for Juneau and Skagway?

We are currently signed up for 5:45 dining on the 6/25 departure and I am going to keep that reserved if they do open dining on those nights (I saw the Ruby review where they did that when they had the late night in Juneau). If they don't have open dining on those nights we may switch to Anytime Dining.

I know we can also always go to the buffet but my husband and son have Celiacs so it's a bit easier and we prefer the MDR dining over the buffet anyway - at least for most nights.

I'm confused. You've signed up for traditional dining at 5:45. You're asking if long nights in port are open seating, for which you'll make a reservation at 5:45 (i.e. treat it like it's NOT open seating). However, if they don't do open seating, you're going to switch to Anytime? That sounds completely backwards to me.

I can't say for Coral specifically, but yes, TD is "suspended" for nights where the port schedule collides with dinner. We had TD on the Ruby last August for a Seattle/Alaska RT, and TD was converted to open dining for our 2pm-10pm night in Juneau and our 7pm-11:59pm night in Victoria. I would also say that if you're truly kind with your waitstaff, you may discover that they'll take good care of you if they know you're coming.

Sorry the way I wrote it was confusing. If they have open dining on the Juneau and Skagway nights I won't switch to anytime but instead keep our 5:45 TD since I wouldn't have to worry about being back in time on those 2 nights. We would likely want to eat later in those evenings so we can enjoy our time in ports but still dine in MD - hence my question :)

• 3 weeks later...
We board the Coral NB in two weeks. If I don't see an answer before that I will try to remember to post the answer

Thanks - but we board tomorrow so I'll have the answer before you:).

I'm getting super excited! About ready to leave for the airport to fly into Vancouver - we leave in an hour!

Bumping this in the event anyone recently off the Coral Northbound Alaska can answer this question.

Was there any open dining on the late port nights in Juneau and/or Skagway?

Just off the Coral June 18 and there was no notice of open dining on Juneau or Skagway nights. None that we noticed anyway.

Enjoy your cruise .. We had a wonderful time