Questions on American Table and Imax noise

snookie1

We are cruising on the transatlantic in October. I have been following these posts for many months now, and have 2 questions I have not seen addressed yet:

1) I see that we will have the "American Table Menu"; what exactly does that mean?

2) Our cabin is on deck 8, forward; across from the IMAX theater. There are no doors on that floor, but the top of the theater is just across the hall. I was wondering if anyone who was on the inaugural cruise and stayed in that area found it noisy. Is the soundproofing good on those theater walls?

Thank you!

I didn't notice much of a difference in the menu of past and the American table menu.

There's the same "you've probably never tried it, so this is your chance" item each night. But I think the concept is American food with accents/flair.

I will say, the experience in the dining room was just meh. Of 10 days we went twice. The second time my partners catfish was undercooked/raw. The first time my entree was just incorrectly made. The melting cake was good, obviously.

Entrees were pretty basic with additional flair to jazz it up. You'll see one days menu attached here.

We did JiJi once and Bonsai once, bonsai was good, JiJi was ok. The rest was buffet. 73cbeeb173545ab6b9972ee8d18a75af.jpg98e66bd0530b88b324555105c871ca7e.jpgc291e771f77b0f5830cb84bd1588ed84.jpg2a234e8cea85e004e1129f326a30cc93.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There's a page of the menu I missed that included an entree and a wine and an appetizer inspired by the port of call. Also included the $20 up charge options

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by chrischris78

2) Our cabin is on deck 8, forward; across from the IMAX theater. There are no doors on that floor, but the top of the theater is just across the hall. I was wondering if anyone who was on the inaugural cruise and stayed in that area found it noisy. Is the soundproofing good on those theater walls?

Thank you!

Others have posted they heard some noise in halls but not in cabins.

• 2 weeks later...
Just got back from 10 day vista cruise deck 10,noise from Imax sounded like footsteps in Jurassic Park, if your a light sleeper could be a problem.

Just curious - where was your room?

• 1 month later...