Western Caribbean Excursions

Looking for personal experience (good and bad) on the following excursions through Carnival. Searching for additional information before booking.

Montego Bay, Jamaica: The 10 Best at Montego Bay

Grand Cayman: Nautilus Undersea Adventure

Cozumel: Fly High Adventures Zip Line and Beach Resort

**Do they provide lockers for your items or do you zip line with items?

I have not done any of these excursions but have been to all the ports. My first advice is consider booking privately - you will save a ton of money. The ports of call boards should not only give you reviews on the ones you asked about but also give you other ideas and private operators.

We find the ship's excursions like cattlecalls. One gleaming example, on a recent dive, we booked privately with 4 divers and a dive master. We see another dive boat crammed with people, at least 30. The dive master said it was the CCL shore excursion and their were not enough dive masters aboard for all the guests. Most resort hotels have a resort fee of about $25 to use the facilities, not all inclusive. CCL charges around $90 pp A.I., so if you can eat and drink $65 worth of food and beverage for lunch, go for it. We always book privately and are not paranoid about missing the ship. Believe me the locals know their time and the ship time better then you.

You may want to re-think your excursion in Grand Cayman and do one (either thru the ship or independent) that takes you to swim with the stingrays. It's the most popular thing to do in Grand Cayman for a first timer. :)

We are doing the same ports on our next cruise. Kind of a been there, done that. Loved the zip line one in Jamaica. But, hate the "flea market" that is close to the ship. Too pushy. It is actually worse than border town Mexico. We don't want to travel an hour, nowadays, to get to an excursion. I found one I thought we would like, big fruit farm place, with a walk though the fruit trees, sampling of all the fruit,(some I never heard of) and a lunch. Sorry, don't remember the name, I got on through google, searching Montego Bay, and this one was an independent tour, but, close enough to port, would not worry about not being back in time. Only decided against it as the feed I was reading was from 2011, and they still recommended, bug spray. This made me remember that Jamaica is one of the places listed on the CDC, about the mosquito virus.

At Caymans the 1st time we did a swim with the stingrays through Carnival. That part was really awesome! but, part of a package that the next step was a broken down horrible beach, they did not have enough staff and we managed to BUY one drink each, and chips. We were hungry but didn't want to spend all the rest of our time waiting for food.

I have learned now to just google, and check reviews on sites like tripadvisor.com. I didn't expect to go back to Jamaica again, so I would be interested in any one that has ideas of what to do close to port. Otherwise will just stay on the ship. Whatever you decide to, you will have a great cruise! My husband had an accident on the ship once that ended up in over $40K in surgery and 3 months off work. And we still cruise and love it!:eek: