Release of 2017 cruise dates

CruiseNole

I was sure hoping that today would be the day we would see some new cruise dates for the NOLA port. I sure hope that NCL plan to continue from this port.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I think the delay in some of the seasonal homport deployments is related to several factors. First trying to firm up dry-dock schedules for the remainder of the fleet for tjhe Norwegian Edge upgrades. Second possible negotiations of charters for the fall/winter 2017/18 timeframe - which ma also affect the drydock schedules. Third NCL yields from ports like Tampa and New Orleans have been much softer than the rest of the fleet this past winter. They may be watching booking trends for this winter to ensure the ships are deployed in a way that enhances yields. The average booking window on the seasonal home ports is much closer in than some of the other ports due to the nature of the clientele. That may mean one of these seasonal home ports sees a change to the length/types of itineraries, or that one of them is suspended for the 2017/18 season.

Half the fleet is yet to be deployed for winter 2017/18, which says a lot without publicly saying anything.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

Its just hard when all of the other lines have released itineraries for the exotic ports (were watching south america) to 'wait' in hopes that they will keep a ship there. Especially while we see excursions filling up (i think s. America penguin trips are the exception to most rules). Very frustrating!

Its just hard when all of the other lines have released itineraries for the exotic ports (were watching south america) to 'wait' in hopes that they will keep a ship there. Especially while we see excursions filling up (i think s. America penguin trips are the exception to most rules). Very frustrating!

Why not book a South America cruise with another line, book the desired excursion you wish and then cancel both excursion and cruise later if NCL have an offering you like better? Most mainstream cruise line penalties don't start until 90 days prior to departure and excursions should be refundable up until a few days prior to departure as well. The only downside may be if you book through a travel agency that charges cancellation fees.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

We actually are booking a different line- I have kiddos so I was trying to avoid celebrity (my kids are well behaved but I know a lot of people sail longer cruises on those lines to avoid kids) but because its filling so fast we will be taking care of it this evening. Frustrating because I would have preferred the Sun- we loved her in Alaska. The issue is the other lines are in ports similarities to what the sun should be and therefore the private companies are filling their entire reservation block. We may get lucky once the itinerary is released, but I am guessing by that point all excursions will be full so we won't be able to switch lines back. We held out till today because a few different people had mentioned the itineraries being released on the first. Obviously that didn't happen so we will have to go ahead and book

• 4 weeks later...
Im looking for south america- not seeing yet- hopefully its n the line up

Some are still not released yet, Jade, Sun and Star are fully missing.

I have posted it in another thread already - I assume:

-Jade - Panama Canal/Mexican Riviera between LA and Miami; from/to LA

-Sun - South America

-Star: Caribbean from/to Miami with partial Panama Canal transit

Does anyone have an idea of when the November 2017 cruise dates out of New Orleans will be released?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

They released them just a few days ago. I booked my Dec 5th 2017 9 nt out of New Orleans on the Pearl on July 1st 2016, just 2 days ago.

They released them just a few days ago. I booked my Dec 5th 2017 9 nt out of New Orleans on the Pearl on July 1st 2016, just 2 days ago.

We're booked on that one also. Booked it last week. Been on the Pearl once before but hoping it will look like a new ship if it goes into drydock next year!

Petra is on my bucket list; Luxor is on my sisters. Has anyone heard anything or want to speculate that there will be a FALL 2017 "Eastern Mediterranean & the Gulf from Dubai" cruise similar to the Spring March 27, 2017 one on the Star like this:

20-Day Eastern Mediterranean & The Gulf from Dubai (NCL Star)

CRUISE PORTS Embark Dubai (United Arab Emirates); Fujairah (United Arab Emirates); Muscat (Oman); Salalah (Oman); Aqaba (Jordan); Safaga (Egypt); Sharm el Sheikh (Egypt); Haifa (Israel); Iraklion (Crete) (Greece); Dubrovnik (Croatia); Disembark Venice (Italy)

We could go in Spring but prefer Fall. Haven't been able to find out anything from NCL. Love to hear what you are thinking!

Thanks much.

Carley

Petra is on my bucket list; Luxor is on my sisters. Has anyone heard anything or want to speculate that there will be a FALL 2017 "Eastern Mediterranean & the Gulf from Dubai" cruise similar to the Spring March 27, 2017 one on the Star like this:

We could go in Spring but prefer Fall. Haven't been able to find out anything from NCL. Love to hear what you are thinking!

Hi,

to be honest, I do not expect to see NCL bringing back that kind of itineraries in 2017 - why?

-Jewel is going to replace Star in Southern hemisphere

-huge effort to transfer ships from Europe to Australia via Middle East (shorter via South Pacific Ocean) --> therefore too short Australia season, just 1-2 cruises

-ciritcal political circumstances/wars in Middle East areas, little dangerous for tourism?

RCCL is also pulling back from Dubai/Emirates in 2017/18, maybe those itineraries are not profitable enough for the market NCL is addressing.

I also think NCL needs one ship for the longer Panama/Central America cruises between Florida and California, and for the partial Panama Canal transits from Miami - I strongly think Star is gping to serve on one of these itineraires in 2017/18.

Edited by shipfriend_max