Review of Millennium May 12 Alaska Northbound

jaspersmommy

Well written review .We also sailed on this cruise . Unfortunately I came down with acute bronchitis . Never got off the ship ,saw only 2 shows ,went from dining room back to cabin coughing vigorously .

Had gone to the Infirmary early on the cruise for treatment ,Had many tests including chest X Rays to rule out pneumonia . Unfortunately & I asked they didn't think I need inhalation therapy ( had same condition years back on a Celebrity ship & was given inhalation therapy twice daily --made a huge difference ) .Doctor prescribed 875 MG amoxicillin . Staff is completely South African nurses & doctor .Bill was $718.

When in Anchorage we went to Urgent Care & saw a very thorough American doctor .He immediately put me on inhalation therapy & prescribed meds which cost $452 at Costco pharmacy . Missed going to Denali & stayed at the Anchorage Homewood suites 6 nights recovering . Thanks to their great breakfast & dinners Mondays thru Thursdays ,it made our stay more enjoyable .We did get to see the Anchorage Museum .

This was our 5th cruise & land trip to Alaska .We had been to all the ports on past cruises & Denali when I was able to take photos of the north & South summit with no clouds .Perfectly clear . So we were knowledgeable about what I missed in total . My DW did manage to visit each port while I stayed in the stateroom .

I have a inquiry with the office of the President with Celebrity in Miami as to the effectiveness of the medical staff on this sailing .Celebrity hires the medical staff as independent contractors ,yet are responsible for their activities . I think that Celebrity should give some pay back either in credit car credits or future cruise on board credit . We are booked on the Oct 1 ,2017 Coastal west coast cruise on Infiniti .(a much warmer climate )

I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles. Sounds like your trip was absolutely ruined. What a shame!

Yes, you may be able to recoup costs through travel insurance, but that really isn't the point. If I were you, I'd also be a very squeaky wheel when dealing with Celebrity on this matter. It sounds as though your medical care left something to be desired.