Questions about Grandeur of the Seas

Hubby and I will be sailing on Grandeur of the Seas in the fall. We have purchased beverage packages. He bought the Royal Replenish (he doesn’t drink alcohol) and I bought the Ultimate. I have some questions about getting drinks on The Grandeur of the Seas:

Are there Freestyle soda machines, and the location.

Where can I find fresh squeezed orange juice?

Where can I get specialty coffees?

Is Starbucks coffee included in the package? Where do you purchase the coffee? Royal’s website states: If you purchase the ultimate alcohol package, on Royal Caribbean ships without a freestanding Starbucks store, you can use the package to get Starbucks beverages too.

Royal Caribbean ships with a freestanding Starbucks are the Oasis class cruise ships (Oasis of the Seas, Harmony of the Seas and Allure of the Seas).

For all other Royal Caribbean ships, head to Cafe Promenade or Cafe Latte-tudes and show your card when ordering a Starbucks drink just like if you were ordering a beer or cocktail at the bar.

——Hubby smokes cigars, I’m wondering where the smoking area(s) is (are) on the ship?

Any other helpful hints are appreciated as we have not cruised on this class ship before.

Specialty coffees can be obtained at restaurants and Cafe Latte-Tudes. Cafe Latte-Tudes may or may not use Starbucks beans.

Fresh squeezed OJ will be in the MDR and Windjammer at breakfast.

Freestyle machines are in Windjammer and and in the centrum near Cafe Latte-tudes.

Fresh squeezed OJ is available during breakfast in Windjammer and I think MDR.

Specialty coffees are available in the restaurants and Cafe Latte-tudes. They may or may not have Starbucks brand coffee at Cafe Latte-tudes. I can't remember for sure.

Thank you to all the answers. I will be making a note of all the info I collect so if there are any other comments, tips, etc. keep them coming. ;)

I just got off the Grandeur, so I can answer a few questions:

Are there Freestyle soda machines, and the location. Yes, and they're located around the ship in places like the Windjammer and the pool deck.

Where can I find fresh squeezed orange juice? The Windjammer has a small station where you can squeze your own.

Where can I get specialty coffees? Cafe Latte-Tudes offers some Starbucks staples and other assorted pastries. It is located off of the Centrum near the small art gallery. It's either floor 5 or 6.

Edited by MyPortofBaltimore

I just got off the Grandeur, so I can answer a few questions:

Are there Freestyle soda machines, and the location. Yes, and they're located around the ship in places like the Windjammer and the pool deck.

Where can I find fresh squeezed orange juice? The Windjammer has a small station where you can squeze your own.

Where can I get specialty coffees? Cafe Latte-Tudes offers some Starbucks staples and other assorted pastries. It is located off of the Centrum near the small art gallery. It's either floor 5 or 6.

They aren't floors. They are decks.

Lattetudes is on Deck 6.

There is a Freestyle Machine right next to that counter.

GrandeurfreestyleCokemachineBenampJerrysLattetudes_zpsdc0082e6.jpg

and in the Windjammer

DSC07521_zps4d61b7f7.jpg

:)

You will enjoy the ship - we had a great time.

The only negative aspect of the ship is that the Windjammer buffet has an awkward layout. And if you go there at peak hour (7-8am) it will be pretty packed.

The best things about the ship? The main dining room (loved the food) and the Solarium (my favorite place to hang out).

You will enjoy the ship - we had a great time.

The only negative aspect of the ship is that the Windjammer buffet has an awkward layout. And if you go there at peak hour (7-8am) it will be pretty packed.

The best things about the ship? The main dining room (loved the food) and the Solarium (my favorite place to hang out).

I'm

happy to hear about the MDR; DH and I prefer that over the Windjammer and I have read the Windjammer on this ship has food that is not very good.

Hi there,

I just got back from Grandeur yesterday and I had the Royal Replenish package.

Yes to the Freestyle machines, they are exactly as pictured. It would be kind of nice if they added one to the Park Cafe because that is more convenient to the Solarium. I was allowed to enter the Windjammer while wet and wrapped in a towel coming from the pool because I wanted to use the Freestyle. I wouldn't have done that if there had been a Freestyle in the Park Cafe.

You can also get glasses of soda from the bars.

I got fresh-squeezed OJ in the MDR at breakfast, it is listed on the menu in the specialty options. Your husband will want to have his Seapass with him to do this kind of thing. They liked to check my pass and then give me a receipt for a zero dollar charge. As mentioned, there's a machine in the Windjammer by the door.

Starbucks is included in the package on Grandeur. I had no clue this would be the case until I showed up and they let me order it for free. The Starbucks is in Cafe Lattetudes along with that Freestyle machine.

I did not quite reach the cost of this package every day but I enjoyed it.

Hi there,

I just got back from Grandeur yesterday and I had the Royal Replenish package.

Yes to the Freestyle machines, they are exactly as pictured. It would be kind of nice if they added one to the Park Cafe because that is more convenient to the Solarium. I was allowed to enter the Windjammer while wet and wrapped in a towel coming from the pool because I wanted to use the Freestyle. I wouldn't have done that if there had been a Freestyle in the Park Cafe.

You can also get glasses of soda from the bars.

I got fresh-squeezed OJ in the MDR at breakfast, it is listed on the menu in the specialty options. Your husband will want to have his Seapass with him to do this kind of thing. They liked to check my pass and then give me a receipt for a zero dollar charge. As mentioned, there's a machine in the Windjammer by the door.

Starbucks is included in the package on Grandeur. I had no clue this would be the case until I showed up and they let me order it for free. The Starbucks is in Cafe Lattetudes along with that Freestyle machine.

I did not quite reach the cost of this package every day but I enjoyed it.

Lattetudes, and its coffee drinks, are included in the package because it is NOT a Starbucks. Just a coffee counter. :)

Lattetudes, and its coffee drinks, are included in the package because it is NOT a Starbucks. Just a coffee counter. :)

Even if it was Seattle's Best, that's still owned by Starbucks and pretty much hosts a Starbucks menu. I'm pretty sure that it was consolidated as Starbucks though. I know that the kind of stuff that I drank - frappacinos, chais - were just like what I can get in a local Starbucks. I'm not saying that is great because, personally, I think there are many better options out there than Starbucks but I was getting the same drinks that my friend was paying a la carte for. She is a heavy Starbucks drinker and she was happy.

If there is Starbucks on Grandeur which there seemed to be, then it is included in the package. I will admit that I didn't pay too much attention to this but like I said, I was able to get many of the same things that I get at a regular Starbucks and it was all included.

Even if it was Seattle's Best, that's still owned by Starbucks and pretty much hosts a Starbucks menu. I'm pretty sure that it was consolidated as Starbucks though. I know that the kind of stuff that I drank - frappacinos, chais - were just like what I can get in a local Starbucks. I'm not saying that is great because, personally, I think there are many better options out there than Starbucks but I was getting the same drinks that my friend was paying a la carte for. She is a heavy Starbucks drinker and she was happy.

If there is Starbucks on Grandeur which there seemed to be, then it is included in the package. I will admit that I didn't pay too much attention to this but like I said, I was able to get many of the same things that I get at a regular Starbucks and it was all included.

I'm with Wanderista; as long as the coffee bar has Frappacinos, chais and iced coffee beverages with a shot I'm all good.

The reason I asked about Starbucks is because the RCCL website states: If you purchase the ultimate alcohol package, on Royal Caribbean ships without a freestanding Starbucks store, you can use the package to get Starbucks beverages too.

Royal Caribbean ships with a freestanding Starbucks are the Oasis class cruise ships (Oasis of the Seas, Harmony of the Seas and Allure of the Seas).

For all other Royal Caribbean ships, head to Cafe Promenade or Cafe Latte-tudes and show your card when ordering a Starbucks drink just like if you were ordering a beer or cocktail at the bar.

Edited by mjwcruising