Dawn Entertainment Post Dry Dock

The schedule says 8/26-11/27 on the Dawn, so they will be on my trip to Bermuda in October.

You are right. The way the schedule on their website was written, they only mentioned returning for the Canada cruises. They are wonderful, and we will miss them this year on our cruise to Bermuda next month.

http://www.joseandpatti.net/schedules/

Jose and Patti are back in New Hampshire for Memorial Day weekend, and then on vacation. They will not be on the Dawn this year for the Bermuda cruises. See their schedule above.

We saw them Friday night. Looking forward to seeing them again on the repositioning cruise on Oct 28.

We will be on the Dawn yet again in July as we love this ship! It would be nice to know who the officers/staff/cruise director/entertainment etc will be. We have read about some of the changes and upgrades so it would be nice to know other info. I am really looking forward to seeing the new makeover!!

• 3 weeks later...

Is it true that there are NO shows or formal professional entertainment on the Dawn? I don't think I've heard of a ship with no entertainment (I'm not talking abt a piano player).

Separately, is there organized high end wine tasting, like on Celebrity?

Is it true that there are NO shows or formal professional entertainment on the Dawn? I don't think I've heard of a ship with no entertainment (I'm not talking abt a piano player).

Any input here?

There have terrific shows on the Dawn, they have a great Illusionist, David DaVinchi, they usually have a comedian, they have Second City, there is a show called Elements, aerialists, At least two big production shows, Band on the Run and Showtime, not sure if any of these will change. I have been on the Dawn 6 times and I am hoping the shows change up a bit, but if they don't, no biggie.

There is most definitely professional entertainment nightly in the theater, and live music in various locations around the ship as well. Your confusion may come from not needing to reserve these shows on the Dawn - that is only required on the megaships which have much smaller theaters, and shows that repeat throughout the sailing.

There will be various "tasting" events at different bars on the ship, and considering that during the dry dock a wine bar has been added, I would guess you can expect a wine tasting, but I wouldn't expect it to be "high end" necessarily.

I'm sure folks returning from Dawn sailings will post copies of the Freestyle Dailies over the next few weeks, so that will give you a much better idea of what to expect in regards to both entertainment and tasting events.

There is most definitely professional entertainment nightly in the theater, and live music in various locations around the ship as well. Your confusion may come from not needing to reserve these shows on the Dawn - that is only required on the megaships which have much smaller theaters, and shows that repeat throughout the sailing.

There will be various "tasting" events at different bars on the ship, and considering that during the dry dock a wine bar has been added, I would guess you can expect a wine tasting, but I wouldn't expect it to be "high end" necessarily.

Thanks. I guess I was thrown off by "Entertainment 0" on the "My Vacation" page. But I now understand that mean pre-reserved/paid entertainment.

Unfortunately, the entertainment website for NCL only show Second City comedy as the only entertainment available on the ship, so it's hard to see that there are any kind of major shows:

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-entertainment

Good news about the Wine Bar...where did you read that?

Thanks. I guess I was thrown off by "Entertainment 0" on the "My Vacation" page. But I now understand that mean pre-reserved/paid entertainment.

Unfortunately, the entertainment website for NCL only show Second City comedy as the only entertainment available on the ship, so it's hard to see that there are any kind of major shows:

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-entertainment

Good news about the Wine Bar...where did you read that?

I suspect we'll see the information for Dawn slowly getting updated over the next week or so, and hopefully that will include some much better details regarding current entertainment.

Regarding the wine bar, and much more... behold: https://www.ncl.com/press-releases/norwegian-dawn-sets-sail-bermuda-new-ship

:D