Newbie Cruiser Prank

creeblee

Tell them one of the perks of FTTF is that they can jump to the front of the line in the Fun shops and at Pixels . When they are ready to pay, they go right to the cashier, skipping the entire line and just waive their sign and sail card.

Might even say they can do this at the buffet also.

Edited by crooooze

When I was in the Navy we would send the FNGs for some prop wash or flight line. Guess that won't work.

In the Army you would be sent to the Q store for a long weight!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Wake them up in the morning by screaming OMG we are sinking as you throw a cup of water at them

Good thing I wasn't drinking anything when I read this - it would be all over my computer screen!

Hilarious!

1. Tell them it's cruising tradition that new cruiser must buy the first day of drinks for an experienced cruiser. And this tradition dates back to the post Titanic event.

2. Tell them that on the last day of the cruise they have to go to guest services to get their VIFP number. That's when Carnival provides the number and it is the only time you can get it and that is why the line is so long.

Edited by CruiseHealing

Don't forget to tell them about the cameras I the room in the TV. They need to cover them up with a towel each night.

Or... This may take some planning before you leave port. Find do the nationality of the cabin steward. Get a Google translation for "I can not find my pants" and tell them it means "thank you very much".

And folks, the above comments tells us the difference between the likes of Carnival when compared to Celebrity, Princess, Cunard, etc.

Yup, "fun" does not = class.

Sorry, but this thread really lacks the latter.

I never thought I'd be saying this either. This really surprises me to read this here.

Y'all still in high school or college? :rolleyes:

You really do not grasp the concept of 'lack of class' do you? :cool:

if they have no class wouldnt that mean they aren't in school anymore? I havent taken any classes since I graduated.

Wow I can't believe how corny of a joke I just made... tttsssttt

Yeah, pretty bad for a New Jerseyan, and I am a former one. I used to work in your town too! Also, you might want a class; we have these punctuation marks that look like this '.

All in fun! :D

Simple one, no harm and no foul, but can be funny.

Tell them that they have to activate the Sign and Sail Card at the cashier at the end of the Lido Buffett line after they get their food. But remind them that the food is already paid for, but the ship just needs to activate the card for accounting reasons.

One time we made up a letter before we left (downloaded the Carnival logo like letterhead) and did a fake itemized bill for "excessive buffet charges" and "lido chair rental" put on stuff like

20 extra strips of bacon, $1 each, 2 chicken breasts $4 each, $3 ice creams $1.50, 3 tablespoons of salad dressing, and lido chair rental $5 per day in an itemized type bill for each day.

We put it under their door like day 4... After a night of partying they saw it when they went back to the cabin and drunk, went down to guest services showing it to them... (we waited above by the photo area to watch when we knew they went back to their cabin and found it) of course GS were totally baffled, before they got too heated we started laughing and came down the stairs and it took them a minute, but they realized they were pranked.. It was funny!

This is serious hilarious.:D

Have somebody who can do a good "foreign" accent call their cabin and invite them to have dinner with the captain.

We did this once to a couple (not with our party) that were seated at our dinner table. They were one of those "so top this" people. Anything you had done they had done twice and better.

So my buddy called their cabin and invited them to have dinner with the captain two nights later. The best fun was having them come to dinner that night bragging about the invite and "so why weren't you guys invited?"

It was all we could do to keep a straight face.

This is too funny!!!

One time we made up a letter before we left (downloaded the Carnival logo like letterhead) and did a fake itemized bill for "excessive buffet charges" and "lido chair rental" put on stuff like

20 extra strips of bacon, $1 each, 2 chicken breasts $4 each, $3 ice creams $1.50, 3 tablespoons of salad dressing, and lido chair rental $5 per day in an itemized type bill for each day.

We put it under their door like day 4... After a night of partying they saw it when they went back to the cabin and drunk, went down to guest services showing it to them... (we waited above by the photo area to watch when we knew they went back to their cabin and found it) of course GS were totally baffled, before they got too heated we started laughing and came down the stairs and it took them a minute, but they realized they were pranked.. It was funny!

This is cute and innocent:D

And folks, the above comments tells us the difference between the likes of Carnival when compared to Celebrity, Princess, Cunard, etc.

Yup, "fun" does not = class.

Sorry, but this thread really lacks the latter.

I never thought I'd be saying this either. This really surprises me to read this here.

Y'all still in high school or college? :rolleyes:

Who let this guy in? Bye!

Don't forget to tell them about the cameras I the room in the TV. They need to cover them up with a towel each night.

Or... This may take some planning before you leave port. Find do the nationality of the cabin steward. Get a Google translation for "I can not find my pants" and tell them it means "thank you very much".

That may be the best I've heard! :D

LOL, this is the best joke.

You should have also included a $100 charge = $5 per person per restroom usage for the week.

I have to admit that I was among the group with an initial thought that a prank seems pretty mean, but then I read "whisper abracadabra and give a knowing wink" and the itemized bacon strip charges for excessive buffet use and was laughing so hysterically that I am now firmly in the camp that it's the best idea ever as long as you do something THAT funny that your friend couldn't even be mad for you coming up with something that brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Same to you, bye bye! :D

Would you pull a prank on an airplane with a first time flyer?

Only on the Carnival forum do I read threads like this.

Oh, Com'n, Lou. Lighten up.

Your just mad because you are the guy that they played the "Captain's Dinner' thing on.

Same to you, bye bye! :D

Would you pull a prank on an airplane with a first time flyer?

Only on the Carnival forum do I read threads like this.

IF the person had a good sense of humor, then yes. If it would in any way offend or upset them, then absolutely not.

There is no harm in laughing at these things. However, for me personally the line is crossed when it has a negative impact on other cruisers or the crew - IF the things were actually done - this is all good humored talk at this point.

I have to admit that I was among the group with an initial thought that a prank seems pretty mean, but then I read "whisper abracadabra and give a knowing wink" and the itemized bacon strip charges for excessive buffet use and was laughing so hysterically that I am now firmly in the camp that it's the best idea ever as long as you do something THAT funny that your friend couldn't even be mad for you coming up with something that brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Me, Too! I caved! Just did not like, as was mentioned, ordering extra food or anything else that wastes others time and FOOD, or was just mean. I like the muster drill, though it wasn't THAT long ago you really did have to bring your life jacket, so including a swim suit was funnier. Also, the one to cover the TV due to the cameras. I can recognize I needed to "lighten up" and have, so bring it on!:D