Harmony still a "construction site"

I think people forget that the ship is constructed and designed by various companies and contractors. We've all had contractors in home improvements whom have not delivered on their promises (actually isn't it a regular occurrence in home reno's haha).

Its better to have something done correctly than to rush it out just for the sake of it being finished.

While its certainly unfortunate Harmony didn't sail her first sailing 100% finished - it definitely isn't surprising.

I'm sure RCL is working through the complaints and compensating accordingly.

I was on the three nighter and still haven't heard anything from RCCL about future cruise certificate. Booked with them direct.....how do I go about contacting them please?

I wrote to RCCL on their " contact us" part of the website,customer service. A week later I still hadn't heard anything back and that was after speaking to a human as well. Eventually I rang them but not on the expensive number. It was an 01932 number. I spoke to a very nice lady called Ashley Lloyd. Her direct e-M is alloyd@rccl.com. She sorted out our complaint straight away.

Hope this helps.

Did you book direct, or through a TA?

Did you have to chase them?

Booked through a TA. Got the original email from the desk of the CEO last Friday and then last night the certificate.

It was sent to the email address they had on file, if you go to my cruises on Royal's site and check in your profile what email address you have.

You'll know if they have an address as you would have received the electronic cruise survey on the day you left the ship, if you didn't receive that then they haven't got an address on file and would send it to an agent.

And to reiterate these cruises were sold as the 4 night getaway and the 3 night getaway.

RCIs spin that these are some sort of Preview or Shakedown cruise was not reflected in either the marketing or the pricing.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

How right you are. They were never marketed as discounted shake down cruises.

No, I am still waiting to hear. My e mail was sent last Tuesday to a lady in the executive office in Miami who sorted out a previous issue for me but despite also leaving a message on her direct phone numbers voicemail yesterday I still haven't heard back. Very frustrating! Not expecting to hear anything over the weekend now. Will call again on Monday.

Has anyone else heard from RCI yet? I've scrawled through my emails, and I can't see anything (I had the survey, so they have my email address)

We haven't received an email. I sent an email to the contact us email address and via Messenger. I have had acknowledgements and an email confirming that we will get the FCCs either direct or via the TA. They also have given me a direct number to call if we don't hear anything. We shall see.

Has anyone else heard from RCI yet? I've scrawled through my emails, and I can't see anything (I had the survey, so they have my email address)

I had my email on the first day. Although it did say the credit certificates would be sent to you or your travel agent in approx two weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My certificate came from a different email address - customerrelationsuk@rccl.com with a random subject title like " hmxxx/yyy. Ref no." so double check any spam folders

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I got my email last Friday night.Keep checking to see if the certificate has come through nothing yet.The discount is for each person isn't it?We are looking at booking an 8 night cruise on Indy using our 3 25% off also our diamond discount as well.

I got my email last Friday night.Keep checking to see if the certificate has come through nothing yet.The discount is for each person isn't it?We are looking at booking an 8 night cruise on Indy using our 3 25% off also our diamond discount as well.

The credit is 50% or25% depending on the 4 or 3 night cruise of the base cruise price you paid (I.e. Before any extras, prepaid grats etc..)

They'd just credited the 7nt cruise on my crown & anchor so I also got the greater C&A balcony discount.. [emoji3]

I was on the 3 night sailing.Had 2 cabins one we paid £800 for and the other £1,100.

So whoever was the lead booker should get a certificate for about £450. Valid for 2yrs on any Royal ship except during Easter/Xmas/new year.

You can't use it as part deposit either so if you say booked another cabin for 2 at £800 you have to pay the £75 per person deposit. Then certificate applied meaning a final balance of £200.

So whoever was the lead booker should get a certificate for about £450. Valid for 2yrs on any Royal ship except during Easter/Xmas/new year.

You can't use it as part deposit either so if you say booked another cabin for 2 at £800 you have to pay the £75 per person deposit. Then certificate applied meaning a final balance of £200.

I booked two balconies, and took our grandchildren. The certificates are also in their name, which is no good at all, as they will not come on another cruise. This means I lose out on what I paid for them to go on this cruise.

I booked two balconies, and took our grandchildren. The certificates are also in their name, which is no good at all, as they will not come on another cruise. This means I lose out on what I paid for them to go on this cruise.

Why won't they come on another cruise? I've never yet met any kids who would turn down another holiday!

Hi.I paid for the 2 cabins so I get all the money.Still haven't had it come through.I hope it does next week as we wan't to book Indy for next August.

Why won't they come on another cruise? I've never yet met any kids who would turn down another holiday!

Financial, this was a one time treat for them.

All my emails are being bounced back.

I am sorry to have to inform you that your message, "Future Cruise Certificate", could not be delivered to customerserviceuk@rccl.com.

customerserviceuk@rccl.com

alloyd@rccl.com

mbayley@rccl.com

Financial, this was a one time treat for them.

All my emails are being bounced back.

I am sorry to have to inform you that your message, "Future Cruise Certificate", could not be delivered to customerserviceuk@rccl.com.

customerserviceuk@rccl.com

alloyd@rccl.com

mbayley@rccl.com

Did you book direct or via a travel agent? If the later I'd get them to chase on your behalf.

If you go for one of the mini cruises you can get a good deal. The 3nt on Independence from Southampton next year (one in Apr and one in Oct) is cheaper per night and of course one less night than the 4nt so it worked out I paid my £75 deposit, applied the FCC and have about £100 balance. But I guess if there are 4 of you that's a lot more.

I'd ring them and see if they could combine the certificates into one!

Quick question.We had two balcony cabins on Harmony with 4 pax will get 4 25% cruise certificate.Can we use them on one grand suite on Indy for next August or will only one be allowed?Thanks.

Are all 4 ppl travelling again? If so I can't see any reason why they can't be combined.

As I was on the 4 and 3 night they combined my cert into one and that was two separate bookings in my name. Best check with your travel agent when you try and book and tell them to ring Royal and would only book if all 4 are used. You will still have to pay 4 deposits though as they can't be used for deposits.

Are all 4 ppl travelling again? If so I can't see any reason why they can't be combined.

As I was on the 4 and 3 night they combined my cert into one and that was two separate bookings in my name. Best check with your travel agent when you try and book and tell them to ring Royal and would only book if all 4 are used. You will still have to pay 4 deposits though as they can't be used for deposits.

Here's the applicable terms and conditions

"One certificate per person per sailing and valid only for the person noted on the certificate. Only the original certificate will be accepted. Photocopies or facsimiles will not be accepted."

So if all 4 named persons are sailing then you can use all 4. No restriction on having to book separate cabins etc..

Hi.All 4 would be sailing again.I believe the deposit is £100 per person.If the certificates still hasn't come through by the time we book my ta said she would ring Royal and book through them.

Hi.All 4 would be sailing again.I believe the deposit is £100 per person.If the certificates still hasn't come through by the time we book my ta said she would ring Royal and book through them.

Yeah. Sounds good. Within 24hrs I got confirmation back with my reduced price invoice as your agent has to book to get a reservation code and then apply the certificate to the balance..