Specialty Dinner Reservations In Advance

ken278

We are going on 6/19/16 Carnival Breeze as a party of 12 celebrating 75th, 50th birthdays, university graduation and granddaughter engagement. Lots of celebrations. I made Steak House reservations thru Carnival website but have not had a confirmation. I suspect that they don’t do the reservation set up until the week before the cruise so I will probably not hear till just before the cruise. Does anyone have more insight on this. I tried this a couple of cruises ago for me and my wife but did not hear back and proceeded to take care of it when we got on the ship. I am just a little concerned because of the large group wanting to celebrate together and wanted to get it confirmed ahead.

Also I noticed that the largest table in regular dining seats 10 and wondering if anyone has had experience having them add one or two seat to a table so we could sit together. Our age ranges from 21 to 78. I suspect we have to speak to the Maitre D’ when we board but wondering if anyone had any advice on this situation. I know we can split up and it would not be a problem but thought again it would be nice to be together because of all the celebrations.

We are going on 6/19/16 Carnival Breeze as a party of 12 celebrating 75th, 50th birthdays, university graduation and granddaughter engagement. Lots of celebrations. I made Steak House reservations thru Carnival website but have not had a confirmation. I suspect that they don’t do the reservation set up until the week before the cruise so I will probably not hear till just before the cruise. Does anyone have more insight on this. I tried this a couple of cruises ago for me and my wife but did not hear back and proceeded to take care of it when we got on the ship. I am just a little concerned because of the large group wanting to celebrate together and wanted to get it confirmed ahead.

Also I noticed that the largest table in regular dining seats 10 and wondering if anyone has had experience having them add one or two seat to a table so we could sit together. Our age ranges from 21 to 78. I suspect we have to speak to the Maitre D’ when we board but wondering if anyone had any advice on this situation. I know we can split up and it would not be a problem but thought again it would be nice to be together because of all the celebrations.

Congrats on all the happy occasions. I usually get a response from the Steakhouse within 48 hrs of making the request through Manage my booking. In most cases, I get a confirm within 24 hrs. However, I'm only booking for 1 or 2 diners.

Perhaps the size of your group has made a reservation difficult to confirm?

I think you may want to repeat your request, noting it's a duplicate? And yes, talk to the Maitre'D once on board about seating your group together in the MDR. Are the bookings linked?

You can do it way ahead of time.

I reserved Magic Steakhouse first night about 2 months ago for October, 2016, cruise. Got confirmation a day later.

If each party makes reservation each gets a bottle of wine first night. If one person makes it for everyone, only 1 bottle.

Edited by crusinpsychRN