Entertainment on Celebrity Eclipse -Baltic Cruise

Jack Staff

We sailed about this time last year....a fabulous cruise. From some of the dailies which I still have, we had Chas Burnett musical comedy, Portia Emare, singer from Manchester, Jeff Stevenson, comedy, the usual kind of entertainers you get on Celebrity. We didn't care for either of the new production shows, one was called The Edge. They also brought on some Russian Folk Dancers when we were in St Petersburg. What we saw was very good but we came in late, having just returned from the ballet.

Don't know if this is what you are looking for............

Enjoy your cruise, it was one of the best we have had.

Edited by TeaBag

Entertainment on Eclipse Baltic cruise

We've experienced Rock and Topper production shows so far on our Eclipse Baltic. The sets are good however the number of performers seems down on the previous production shows. We didn't care for either. Both were just jukebox shows with unconnected songs being sung and the sound felt muted making it feel less like a live performance. The non storyline for Topper was wafer thin and a bit laughable. The one off performers have gone down well. Jayne Curry was last night, an Elton John tribute the night before and the theatre has been very busy.

Professional Russian folk dancers and singers performed in the theatre on the first night in St Petersburg and were good fun and pretty slick.

Also, in Warnemunde there was an Omm-pah-pah bad around the ship and a folk trio in the Oceanview cafe which was very sweet.

This is a copy of a response to a similar post.

Entertainment on Eclipse Baltic cruise

We've experienced Rock and Topper production shows so far on our Eclipse Baltic. The sets are good however the number of performers seems down on the previous production shows. We didn't care for either. Both were just jukebox shows with unconnected songs being sung and the sound felt muted making it feel less like a live performance. The non storyline for Topper was wafer thin and a bit laughable. The one off performers have gone down well. Jayne Curry was last night, an Elton John tribute the night before and the theatre has been very busy.

Professional Russian folk dancers and singers performed in the theatre on the first night in St Petersburg and were good fun and pretty slick.

Also, in Warnemunde there was an Omm-pah-pah bad around the ship and a folk trio in the Oceanview cafe which was very sweet.

This is a copy of a response to a similar post.

That's was my post from another thread.

We saw the third and last production show last night, Chandelier. Oh dear. It was terrible. Another string of unconnected songs with the weakest, and silliest, storyline. Not met anyone today who thought it was better than ridiculous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's was my post from another thread.

We saw the third and last production show last night, Chandelier. Oh dear. It was terrible. Another string of unconnected songs with the weakest, and silliest, storyline. Not met anyone today who thought it was better than ridiculous.

Thanks for the update. Have things gotten better with the norovirus problem.

The Norovirus issue continued to the end of our cruise and then the next cruise had delayed boarding for deep cleaning. To be honest it was our worst celebrity cruise. The info re Norovirus was everywhere and seeing people be sick all over was not nice. Celebrity talk a good game re hygiene but in practice they are failing on many counts. In the middle of the code red they opened the mast grill at lunch. It had no sanitiser and everyone touched the ketchup/Mayo/mustard dispensers and condiments despite all these being removed from the buffet for days. The detergent dispensers in the toilets were often empty and despite reporting this they were not refilled. Felt like a losing battle.

The Norovirus issue continued to the end of our cruise and then the next cruise had delayed boarding for deep cleaning. To be honest it was our worst celebrity cruise. The info re Norovirus was everywhere and seeing people be sick all over was not nice. Celebrity talk a good game re hygiene but in practice they are failing on many counts. In the middle of the code red they opened the mast grill at lunch. It had no sanitiser and everyone touched the ketchup/Mayo/mustard dispensers and condiments despite all these being removed from the buffet for days. The detergent dispensers in the toilets were often empty and despite reporting this they were not refilled. Felt like a losing battle.

This is very disappointing. We are on the a Eclipse in under four weeks. I hope that things have improved and that anyone who was ill has got better.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The Norovirus issue continued to the end of our cruise and then the next cruise had delayed boarding for deep cleaning. To be honest it was our worst celebrity cruise. The info re Norovirus was everywhere and seeing people be sick all over was not

Thank you for updating. It's terrible that you plan and plan, not ever thinking of things that can go wrong. To read from someone who has cruised many times, and many times on the Eclipse, that this was the worst is disheartening. Somethings happen that are beyond control, but to have a less than thorough response from Celebrity should not be tolerated.

At least from what I can read, you survived healthy. I am sure you will have stories of the cruise that had a norovirus outbreak. I know I still talk of my Celebrity cruise that went through a hurricane, and that was over 20 years ago.

Now I just pray that Celebrity cleans their act, and ship up, before we board in July.

Then you have a bigger problem than eating. The ship leaves at 9:30PM.

I think it's dependant on the sailing - we're on the next Eclipse Baltic cruise departing. 19th June and we leave Warnemunde at 11.59pm

I think it's dependant on the sailing - we're on the next Eclipse Baltic cruise departing. 19th June and we leave Warnemunde at 11.59pm

Sorry. I thought I was replying to a Roll Call for July 3. That's what happens when I assume. I hope you have a great trip and I will look for your review.