Cove Balcony with no Lifeboats Overhead

Thanks to pictures from other posters I was able to determine which cove balconies do not have lifeboats overhead. My top choice would be 2301 or 2298, but that is a 4 person cabin. For 2 people I would recommend 2305 or 2302. The last 3 coves, 2306, 2309, 2308, 2315, 2310, 2317 may have noise from what appears to be some sort of vent. I have not sailed on the Vista yet, but as a party of 3 I had to book the only 3 person interior Havana cabin available. I'm still waiting to try a cove as I keep reading how nice they are, maybe my next cruise.

I welcome any corrections as these are the only photos I have seen to try to determine the cabin numbers. I hope it helps people who are looking for a Cove balcony and don't want a lifeboat overhead.

Vista Cove.pdf

Thanks for this! Based on printing out and lining up deck plans, we booked 2301 for our first ever cove in our first ever b2b next summer. I think we did good!

Did you book 2301 with 4 in a cabin? Hopefully one day I will book a cove, I love watching the ocean.

What about 2375 & 2379? We are booked in those coves in December.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Looks like those rooms are between tight fitting lifeboats and just after the mid elevators. People post all the time that the quieter cabins are between forward and mid elevators.

Cabins 2341, 2334, (connecting cabins) 2345, 2338, (Cabins for 3) seem to have a large gap between lifeboats. From the angle, it's hard to tell.

If someone can post a better side shot of Vista I can label the cove balconies.

2301, 2298 (cabins for 4) 2305, 2302 (cabins for 2) seem to be the best if having a little sun and more sky view is important.

Vista Side.pdf

Here is a link to the deck plans, deck two and three are side by side and I think this will show what cabins are underneath the lifeboats. Hope this link works.

http://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/~/media/Images/Ships/VS/deckplans/carnival-vista-deck-plan-pdf.ashx

That is not an accurate picture, as to "lining up". The life boats empty space is not "lined up" in those images, as neither are the elevators.

Thanks to pictures from other posters I was able to determine which cove balconies do not have lifeboats overhead. My top choice would be 2301 or 2298, but that is a 4 person cabin. For 2 people I would recommend 2305 or 2302. The last 3 coves, 2306, 2309, 2308, 2315, 2310, 2317 may have noise from what appears to be some sort of vent. I have not sailed on the Vista yet, but as a party of 3 I had to book the only 3 person interior Havana cabin available. I'm still waiting to try a cove as I keep reading how nice they are, maybe my next cruise.

I welcome any corrections as these are the only photos I have seen to try to determine the cabin numbers. I hope it helps people who are looking for a Cove balcony and don't want a lifeboat overhead.

I am booked in 2329 for September. While the life boats are a whole deck up, I really don't think they will be a "view" problem, but maybe more of a "sun" problem. I will like the shade myself, and if I need sun, I will go up to Lido for that.

As to noise, I recommend anybody getting a Cove Balcony to make sure it is under the dining area instead of the galley (kitchen). You talk about noise. That is where they work all night long throwing pots and pans at each other just trying to keep you from sleeping.

I'm considering the vista and considering a cove balcony... what is a cove balcony and what is the difference between that and a traditional balcony? is it cheaper because of the location, noise and or possible obstructed views?

I am booked in 2329 for September. While the life boats are a whole deck up, I really don't think they will be a "view" problem, but maybe more of a "sun" problem. I will like the shade myself, and if I need sun, I will go up to Lido for that.

As to noise, I recommend anybody getting a Cove Balcony to make sure it is under the dining area instead of the galley (kitchen). You talk about noise. That is where they work all night long throwing pots and pans at each other just trying to keep you from sleeping.

The view problem you would have is if you like star gazing or looking at clouds with the bonus of having a little more sun. (you still have shade in the cove) Now if those cabins are not available I would still book a cove but why not have an unobstructed view of the sky?

Here are some links with pictures of both types from a Dream Class ship. The Youtube video at the 2:50 mark really shows the obstruction.

As you say, going up to the lido is the way to get sun, so why stay in a balcony at all. We are booked in a Havana Interior for 3, only one available on the Vista, and I also plan on going to the Havana area when I want ocean views and an outdoor area. Looking at the future bookings for Vista, it's going to be harder to get a Havana cabin than it is to get a cove, that is why we decided to try a cove if we do a Dream Class cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2047058

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2305874

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=36298886

At the 2:50 mark you can see just how obstructive the lifeboats can be, as I said I still have not sailed in a cove but hope to someday. If I do book, I will try to book one with no lifeboats overhead.

As you say, going up to the lido is the way to get sun, so why stay in a balcony at all.

I usually do book only interior because of cost. But certain cruises, you want to have a view without going up to lido or an open deck.

For instance, our Alaska cruise, we wanted to see the coastline and the fjords without having to go up on deck. It was beautiful to enjoy the views from the comfort of your own room, warm and comfortable.

And on our upcoming Mediterranean Cruise, I want see the coast line and the ports as much as possible (even chose the starboard side from Athens to Barcelona).

So mainly choose a balcony for the view of the sea, not for the sun.

• 3 weeks later...
We are in the process of booking a cove…

Has anybody confirmed these choices?

We can get 2298, 2286, or 2301.

Thanks for your help!

We're in 2302 & 2306 on Aug sailing, my aunt too these photos for me

2302 is the one with railings above 2306 with white cage, FIRST PIC IS STARBOARD SIDE.

One shows the walkway, however in Europe this level 3 is only used on the first and last day, however can't speak for the Caribbean.

image_8.jpeg

image_7.jpeg

image_4.jpeg

image_6.jpeg

• 3 years later...