Helsinki tours with TJ or Alla?

Hello,

I am thinking of taking a 3 hour tour with TJ or Alla while we are in Helsinki. They both look similar but I'm not sure TJ stops in Market Square.

I know we can do it on our own but I don't want to :-)

Does anyone know about either tour?

Thank You!

Thank you for your reply.

The cost of the tours are very similar so I was wondering if anyone had any experience with either tour and what exactly their itinerary was.

We have Alla tours booked for St. Petersburg but read a few bad reviews for their Helsinki tour.

Any advice on either Alla or TJ Tours in Helsinki?

Thank You!

I've taken Alla Tours Helsinki Highlights tour and it was great - provided an excellent overview of the city and we had a visit to Rock Church and a long stop at market square. We saw the more famous sights on this tour (including Sibelius Park). You can see the itinerary on Alla's website. They also offer another tour that includes the Seurasaari open-air museum.

I had been to Helsinki before (and found Helsinki very easy to DIY using the tram), but others in my group had not been and they wanted a tour. At the end of our tour, we remained in the market square area and did not return to the ship with the remainder of our group - we took a taxi back to the ship after exploring/shopping on our own & having a great meal in Helsinki.

I've taken Alla Tours Helsinki Highlights tour and it was great - provided an excellent overview of the city and we had a visit to Rock Church and a long stop at market square. We saw the more famous sights on this tour (including Sibelius Park). You can see the itinerary on Alla's website. They also offer another tour that includes the Seurasaari open-air museum.

I had been to Helsinki before (and found Helsinki very easy to DIY using the tram), but others in my group had not been and they wanted a tour. At the end of our tour, we remained in the market square area and did not return to the ship with the remainder of our group - we took a taxi back to the ship after exploring/shopping on our own & having a great meal in Helsinki.

Thank You for your info!

Did you stop at Sibelius Park and Senate Square?

How many people were on the tour?

Where did you shop and have a great meal? :-)

Thank You for your info!

Did you stop at Sibelius Park and Senate Square?

How many people were on the tour?

Where did you shop and have a great meal? :-)

We did stop at Sibelius Park & Market Square on the tour. We drove past Senate Square - it is only a block from Market Square (only a 5 minute walk) and visited Helsinki Cathedral. (We also visited Uspenski Cathedral on our own - very beautiful architecture)

We ate at Kappeli - located on the Esplanade next to market square.

I can't remember all the places we shopped (actually, I am not interested in shopping - it was the others in my group that wanted to shop) - suffice it to say that there were many shopping opportunities at or near the Esplanade & also lots of souvenirs and crafts at market square. If you are interested in staying in the city after your tour, I suggest that you check our the Helsinki TI: http://www.visithelsinki.fi/en/see-and-experience/sights-and-attractions/main-attractions-in-helsinki#/?listing_id=52354&mode=list

I can't remember how many were on our tour - the bus was about half full as I recall and they were a very nice group from our ship. BTW - 2 other couples elected to stay with us in the city at the end of the tour - we all had a great time.

Edited by dogs4fun

We did stop at Sibelius Park & Market Square on the tour. We drove past Senate Square - it is only a block from Market Square (only a 5 minute walk) and visited Helsinki Cathedral. (We also visited Uspenski Cathedral on our own - very beautiful architecture)

We ate at Kappeli - located on the Esplanade next to market square.

I can't remember all the places we shopped (actually, I am not interested in shopping - it was the others in my group that wanted to shop) - suffice it to say that there were many shopping opportunities at or near the Esplanade & also lots of souvenirs and crafts at market square. If you are interested in staying in the city after your tour, I suggest that you check our the Helsinki TI: http://www.visithelsinki.fi/en/see-and-experience/sights-and-attractions/main-attractions-in-helsinki#/?listing_id=52354&mode=list

I can't remember how many were on our tour - the bus was about half full as I recall and they were a very nice group from our ship. BTW - 2 other couples elected to stay with us in the city at the end of the tour - we all had a great time.

Thank you so much for your information! That really helps me to plan our day!

Hello,

I am thinking of taking a 3 hour tour with TJ or Alla while we are in Helsinki. They both look similar but I'm not sure TJ stops in Market Square.

I know we can do it on our own but I don't want to :-)

Does anyone know about either tour?

Thank You!

Just returned from Regal Princess Baltic. I arranged a private tour with TJ Travel in 7 cities. The tours and guides were outstanding In every location. They all spoke good English ( a couple were even ex-pat Americans), were tremendously knowledgeable about their city and were very friendly d affable. I would not hesitate to recommend them or book them again myself. That being said, Helsinki was a pretty disappointing city :( I was expecting the Rock Church to be a spectacular site but was not. We did go to market square. Pretty much small combo fruit/veggie stands, fur sellers and cheap souvenir booths. Seemed their biggest claim to fame was an abstract monument to a local composer made of stainless steel pipes welded and cut in haphazard fashion. d355af670503ba10436aa10167f605db.jpg112593f63c3c0eeb7771998609d8a4c5.jpg55b982632bc645d0a0e3774177039076.jpg

Part of the disappointment may have been because we had just come from 2 days of indescribably beautiful sights and museums in St Petersburg!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...