Carnival sign and sail funds for minors

Hi all - I wanted to check, we're travelling with our two kids who will be 13 and 10 at time of travel. We want to give them some spending money on their cards for things like arcade games, sushi etc and wondered what the system is. Can we give them a per day limit? Or put a certain amount of cash on at the beginning of the cruise and they budget for themselves?

Thanks - I'd like to give our son's travel funds to him as a gift for his birthday this week but wanted to know how to phrase it (eg '$10 per day on your card' or $100 spending money on your card' or whatever)

Hi all - I wanted to check, we're travelling with our two kids who will be 13 and 10 at time of travel. We want to give them some spending money on their cards for things like arcade games, sushi etc and wondered what the system is. Can we give them a per day limit? Or put a certain amount of cash on at the beginning of the cruise and they budget for themselves?

Thanks - I'd like to give our son's travel funds to him as a gift for his birthday this week but wanted to know how to phrase it (eg '$10 per day on your card' or $100 spending money on your card' or whatever)

See the Purser's desk, I've been told the limit doesn't apply to the arcade, so you will need to check that and if it is right have a chat with the kids about limits.

We sailed on the Spirit earlier this year with our 14 and 15 year olds. I was able to nominate a limit on their cards using the kiosk on deck 2. I don't know if it actually worked though as neither of them hit the limit. As far as the amount goes, we decided the limit and then broke it down to an approximate daily amount to make it easier for them to keep track.

Edited by croydonCruiser