SKY or Majesty?

TheTides

Hey guys!

So we are looking at taking a last minute trip out to the Bahamas, leaving on either the NCL Sky or RCCL Majesty, and were wondering what we should choose! These are both 4 day cruises, and I will list out the perks of both as I see them!

NCL Sky -

Extra port (Freeport) which we have never visited

FREE DRINKS (Hello?)

Cruising out of Miami is always a blast

Newer ship (relatively)

Better Reviews the last 6 months

Gold on NCL so really enjoy their new product

Renovated Grand Stirrup Cay (Never visited)

Majesty of the Seas

New ship experience and new cruise line to discover

Ship is larger, but also holds 800 more passengers

Cheaper by 20 dollars or so

Sails out of Pt. Canaveral (honestly a huge selling point)

Coco Cay - New port for us

From all that being said, which one would you prefer and why! I know both of these ships have seen better days and its been a LONG time since we have taken an older ship, but I think this would be a fun inexpensive way to experience the Bahamas. Thanks guys!

I went on a 4 day cruise on the SKY with 4 of my girl friends in Jan. 2015. We had a blast! We were in the Owner's suite, which had a hot tub on the balcony and a Murphy bed, so that our butler would move the dining table and set it up for the night. The suite had a full and a half bath, which made it manageable for 5 women! We hit the main dining room every night with wonderful food! The private island was fun, although the water was COLD in January...we just picked out loungers together, ate the fabulous BBQ, and danced. Don't expect much in the way of souvenirs, though. No issues with the ship itself...we had a GREAT time and I would go again on the SKY in a heartbeat.

My husband and I are going on the Majesty OTS in November, so I can't compare at this time. However, it just came out of dry dock, so should have some new furnishings. Mr. Traveler has a GoPro walk through on You Tube so you can see for yourself what she looks like.

Unless you hit a major snag somewhere, I am pretty convinced that you will have a good time based upon what your attitude is....so pick which one suits and have a great time!

• 1 month later...