If pay for small upgrade before cruise - mess up reservations dinner/shows/shoreX?

CP3o

The minisuites are selling for what paid for a balcony but I'm happy with our location and we are only putting two people in each balcony but I thought I might call tomorrow just to see if there were any minisuites next to each other that I could upgrade for a small amount, just as a treat to have slightly bigger accomidations.

But, I'm sort of paranoid something would get messed up on our reservations for shows, dinner and getting our shore excursion tickets delivered to room.

Anyone had problems? I know enough to make them promise my amenities won't change, LOL, but I think I could be setting myself up for problems in other areas now that I think about it.

We upgraded the day before we borded from balcony to haven. The only problem we add was we didn't get our shore excursion tickets. We went to the concierge desk and they took care of it. I assume you could go to the shore excursion desk for the same thing. But besides that no issues at all!

I wouldn't worry about those things too much.

If you decide to upgrade, specifically request that the NCL rep e-mail you an AMENITY CONFIRMATION document and a SHORE EXCURSION CONFIRMATION document, along with the usual CONFIRMATION.pdf document.

Shows and dinners should show up on MyNCL under "Booked Items" I do believe. Everything should move over seamlessly. Just check that it does while the rep is still on the phone with you.

The minisuites are selling for what paid for a balcony but I'm happy with our location and we are only putting two people in each balcony but I thought I might call tomorrow just to see if there were any minisuites next to each other that I could upgrade for a small amount, just as a treat to have slightly bigger accomidations.

But, I'm sort of paranoid something would get messed up on our reservations for shows, dinner and getting our shore excursion tickets delivered to room.

Anyone had problems? I know enough to make them promise my amenities won't change, LOL, but I think I could be setting myself up for problems in other areas now that I think about it.

Before hanging up the phone with them, have them verify your reservations to you. Make sure they repeat to you exactly what you have booked, the times, number of people, etc. Also, just so you know, there isn't much of a noticeable difference between the balcony and a mini. It will all be in the bathroom.