Premium Beverage Package question

Can someone verify something I read on a site today: If one person in your cabin purchases the Premium Drink Package, the other person gets a cup for the soda machines for free. Works well if one person doesn't drink much alcohol but wants soft drinks.

No - that is not true and, if you are referring to the review I read, I believe that person ended up buying his child his own drink package.

That being said, I don't know how they would know who is using the cup and I don't think they care so much about tracking the soda - I had the Premium Package on my recent Anthem trip and oftentimes, they never even ran my card when I ordered a soda from the bars.

Edited by Alter Ego

Can someone verify something I read on a site today: If one person in your cabin purchases the Premium Drink Package, the other person gets a cup for the soda machines for free. Works well if one person doesn't drink much alcohol but wants soft drinks.

Ya that's inaccurate.

A few years ago RCI changed the rules so that both people in a cabin are not required to get a drink package. One person could buy a alcohol package and the other a Coca-Cola package.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ya that's inaccurate.

A few years ago RCI changed the rules so that both people in a cabin are not required to get a drink package. One person could buy a alcohol package and the other a Coca-Cola package.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

EDIT: I misread it, and thought you said it was accurate... My bad.

Original post:

I don't think that's what the OP asked. I think the OP actually meant to say about the Coca-Cola souvenir cup you get with every beverage package.

Clarifying: Indeed, not everyone in the cabin is required to purchase a beverage package, and they are not required to purchase the same package. One person can order a Premium Alcohol Package and another person in the same may purchase a Royal Replenish Package, for instance, or even not buy a package at all. Every beverage package comes with a Coca-Cola souvenir cup included, which is the one OP stated, for fountain soda and/or the Coca-Cola Freestyle machines on some ships. However, this Coca-cola cup is part of the package and is meant to be used by the same person that purchased that package, not someone else who didn't purchase any beverage package. Doing so would clearly be considered sharing a package and could result in that person's package being terminated without a refund.

Edited by PQI
Misread quoted answer

However, this Coca-cola cup is part of the package and is meant to be used by the same person that purchased that package, not someone else who didn't purchase any beverage package. Doing so would clearly be considered sharing a package and could result in that person's package being terminated without a refund.

Assuming you were actually caught by a crewmember. But I don't think RCI cares that much to have created a Soda Gestapo to police the soda machines and the stickers on everyone's seapass. :D I think they know it's a safe bet that most people follow the honor system in this case.

Edited by ramja96