I'm not a super planner BUT.....

I think I'm ready to quit paying a little less to go on cruises in Sept. in the middle of hurricane season, especially since this nasty "cycle" is expected to continue for a while ::sigh::: Don't get back on time, or go where we thought, to tours we planned.... after 4 years the thrill of the mystery cruise has dimmed:rolleyes: Or maybe you live in a hurricane-prone area and don't want to plan to be gone then????

We're cruisin' late next fall when the weather's better, it's not a holiday week AND the rates are good, so c'mon with us next year and Meet the "HAC-ers" aka Hurricane Avoidance Cruisers on the Explorer on 12/3/06! :D

Details are on the sticky at the top of this RCI message board or follow the links under my signature...

Cruising right after Thanksgiving: relatively inexpensive

Planning things ahead of time with cruising friends and actually going to the islands you planned to do them on: almost priceless

I think I'm ready to quit paying a little less to go on cruises in Sept. in the middle of hurricane season, especially since this nasty "cycle" is expected to continue for a while ::sigh::: Don't get back on time, or go where we thought, to tours we planned.... after 4 years the thrill of the mystery cruise has dimmed:rolleyes: Or maybe you live in a hurricane-prone area and don't want to plan to be gone then????

We're cruisin' late next fall when the weather's better, it's not a holiday week AND the rates are good, so c'mon with us next year and Meet the "HAC-ers" aka Hurricane Avoidance Cruisers on the Explorer on 12/3/06! :D

Details are on the sticky at the top of this RCI message board or follow the links under my signature...

Cruising right after Thanksgiving: relatively inexpensive

Planning things ahead of time with cruising friends and actually going to the islands you planned to do them on: almost priceless

We always cruise after hurricane season and on the times when it is less expensive.The ships aren't as crowded either.

First cruise Nov. 2-9, 2003

Second cruise (upcoming) Nov. 26- Dec. 3

We live in South Texas on the Gulf coast and yes we cruise later because of hurricanes.

I think we got good prices for both of these - booked them both the March before.

We sailed summer time when we were younger,single,childless and independently wealthy...:cool:

Now we sail in the fall due to the great prices,and below school age children..

But its real hard to dodge 24 named storms...

But...Leaving from Texas as we mainly do...In the winter and spring ....it takes a day and a half to get to warn water/air...

And those times of years you have rough water and issues with missing tenders...

I must admit we were very fortunate this year with the weather, just returned from 9 nights on the Voyager and had perfect weather! The price we paid was unbelievably cheap. It is risky because you never know what the weather will be the week you sail.

After two consecutive years of close calls, I'm starting to think the same way.:( I actually love cruising in the fall when you're trying to make that 'summer mindset' last just a bit longer, already have some kind of tan and know all the kiddies have just gone back to school. And, the price differences are just the icing on the cake for me. :)

We've been talking about when to rebook and never really considered the time between Thanksgiving and Xmas...thanks for giving me something to think about....one can dream...can't one :rolleyes:

Archived