Best Layout on S-Class for Separated Beds

Podie

I will be sharing 6254 on Eclipse with a friend and will have the bed separated into two beds. The layout of this cabin has the bed against the wall with the closet. Will this make it very hard to get into the closet? Should I try to change to a cabin with the bed against the sliding doors?

There is no problem getting into the closet. In my boys cabin they always have the beds separated and it is fine. In my opinion, it is better with beds by closet because it is easier to access the balcony with only the sofa there. Otherwise you have to walk around the bed and also could disturb someone sleeping if you want to go out on the balcony.

We prefer the beds by the balcony. The circulation space is much better in front of the wardrobe and sofa and we access the wardrobe way more than the balcony door. When their is a bed by the wardrobe its fairly tight getting to the furthest side of the wardrobe. For us it feels like the cabin is larger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I travel with a friend also. We are two women. I prefer the beds by the balcony. Having the beds by the balcony makes it much easier to get into the closet without disturbing the other person in bed. There is really not a lot of room, probably apx. a foot of space between the bed and the closet. I also think it gives you more of a dressing area to have the closet near the sofa and drawer space. There is probably about 2 feet of space, perhaps a little more, between the bed and the balcony door. The bed does not interfere with opening the balcony door.

I guess you just have to think about what will work best for you and your friend. If both of you will be keeping the exact same schedule (going to bed and getting up at the same time), it may not matter that much, but if one likes to stay up later at night or get up earlier, etc. it may be disturbing for the person in the bed by the closet.

Good luck with your decision.