Two Tier Cloud 9 Spa vs. Regular Carnival Spa

zippyjet

If this has been covered please forgive me in advance for repetition. Last year I went on the Breeze which has the new two tier Carnival Cloud 9 Spa. They are separate but not equal. The locker rooms are identical but that's where the comparison ends. The standard Breeze spa locker room has a small tiny closet sauna. For the variety of fancy steam rooms, heated tile loungers and the thalassic pool you have to mosey on up and pony up an additional $189 premium for usage during which was an 8 day cruise. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the facilities but wish I didn't have to fork over the serious coin for the privilege. On the smaller ships Conquest class and older it's one spa with a nice decent sized steam and sauna. What are your feelings on the Cloud 9 extra cost option? This year I'll be on the Glory which thankfully has the standard decent traditional spa setup. Now next year when the new Vista cruises out of Miami I plan to be on it and yes pony up the extra coin. The Vista Cloud 9 spa will have Carnival's first Infrared Sauna! Now if that Infrared Sauna comes in the commoner spa awesome sauce! But something tells me if you want it pony up the bucks.:rolleyes:

I just canceled my 2/4/17 cruise on the Glory and switched over to 1/7/17 on the Magic. The Cloud 9 spa is one of the big reasons I made the switch. I have been on the Dream 3 times now and ponied up for the spa access the first time and just booked spa cabins after learning how much I really enjoyed it. I think it is an excellent value.....but that is me and cruising is about relaxing and treating myself to pleasures I don't normally do at home.

The Cloud 9 Spa facilities are so much nicer than the standard free spa facilities on the older ships. Because of this, they would be overrun with people & then not very enjoyable, if they didn't restrict it. So I don't have a problem at all with the new Cloud 9 facilities.

A weekly pass does cost quite a bit, but if you book a Cloud 9 Spa room, you get access to the facilities included. Check to see how much extra it would cost you to upgrade to a Cloud 9 Spa room. For us, it was only $100 extra in total to go from our standard upper/lower room to a Cloud 9 Spa interior. Well worth the $50 each!

We enjoy the Cloud 9 facilities as well, and either book a spa cabin or buy a weekly pass on the ships that have Cloud 9. I agree that it is worth the upcharge if you enjoy the experience.

Don't forget that you can also get a one day pass if you don't think you'll use it frequently for the week (based on availability).

Agree with the previous poster's. If you are there for the true spa experience the upcharge for the Cloud 9 spa and all it comes with is well worth it...can't wait to enjoy it on the Magic this September.

Cheers and happy cruising!

We enjoy the Cloud 9 facilities as well, and either book a spa cabin or buy a weekly pass on the ships that have Cloud 9. I agree that it is worth the upcharge if you enjoy the experience.

Don't forget that you can also get a one day pass if you don't think you'll use it frequently for the week (based on availability).

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the Cloud 9 spa and I took advantage of it every day. Now, that I'm used to it, I'll budget accordingly. It was much more economical to pony up the entire week pass. Daily were priced expensive. And, as mentioned, when the Vista comes to Miami, I'm really excited Carnival will have an infrared sauna. There seems to be a big buzz about them; they penetrate into your muscles and bones with slightly less heat.

Just so you know, the Cloud 9 Spa on Breeze won't be the same as Vista.

There's no T-pool on Vista. Just a rectangular shaped hot tub. There are several of those heated chairs in the same room as the hot tub.

JH has been asked several times to include a video of the Cloud 9 Spa, he keeps saying soon but hasn't posted it yet.

He's posted videos of other areas of the ship, but not the spa area.

I've never heard of the infra red sauna. Guess I'll have to google.

I've been booking spa cabins exclusively ever since the Magic made it to Galveston. The cabins are a little more expensive but they are also on the top two decks and next to the Serenity deck. So you get the spa as well as the convenience of being just above the Lido deck. That and to me they seem a whole lot quieter than other places on the ship.

Just so you know, the Cloud 9 Spa on Breeze won't be the same as Vista.

There's no T-pool on Vista. Just a rectangular shaped hot tub. There are several of those heated chairs in the same room as the hot tub.

JH has been asked several times to include a video of the Cloud 9 Spa, he keeps saying soon but hasn't posted it yet.

He's posted videos of other areas of the ship, but not the spa area.

I've never heard of the infra red sauna. Guess I'll have to google.

No T-pool on Vista? Wow, that's disappointing.. I like the T-pool so much that I actually try to sail on the ships with it. Once I tried it on Splendor I was hooked and have paid the extra for Cloud 9 ever since - and I am not a spa person at all.

No T-pool on Vista? Wow, that's disappointing.. I like the T-pool so much that I actually try to sail on the ships with it. Once I tried it on Splendor I was hooked and have paid the extra for Cloud 9 ever since - and I am not a spa person at all.

I agree with you! I am really disappointed to hear this. I also loved the T-pool, etc on the Splendor! Am booked on the Vista in March and was looking forward to a similar experience.