On the Glory! Any Questions While It's Fresh?

lorgir

Ok. This is our first cruise ever. Having nothing to compare it to, it has become an incredible bench mark for future cruises. We are having THE time of our lives!

I probably won't do a big review here-maybe highlights. But, if you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer while its fresh in my mind.

I can see why so many get addicted to cruising. This has been and is still just an amazing time! We're deep sea fishing in Grand Turk today and then tomorrow is a sea day and sadly---the last day. This cruise has been vastly improved by all the knowledge I have collected here, so thank you all!

Sounds like a lot of fun! I'm sure this is a no but do they have straws available on board? Are real glassware available or only plastic cups? Sorry I know those are weird questions [emoji4].

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

could you get a picture of the wine list. in the MDR , the steakhouse , and at the wine bar. wine by the glass is what I am wondering. if there is a wine bar. thanks for the offer.

I'll try!

Make sure to hit the fish 'n chips place. I never did find it when I was on Glory.

We've eaten there twice! We figured out that if we went to the aft end of our stateroom deck (Riviera), we go up to deck 9 and the pizza, fish and chips and the shorter buffet and ice cream lines. :)

Sounds like a lot of fun! I'm sure this is a no but do they have straws available on board? Are real glassware available or only plastic cups? Sorry I know those are weird questions [emoji4].

Yes they have straws and both glass and plastic cups. It depends on what you are ordering and from where on which you get. Example: soda on deck is in a plastic cup. Inside bars and dining room are glass.

No straws that I've seen unless you buy souvenir cups. The only real glassware I've seen is the MDR and steakhouse. I'm not a huge drinker, so I honestly can't answer this with full certainty. I know that a couple that sits at our dinner table brings drinks with them and they're in real glasses. Anything we've gotten on Lido is plastic. Hope that helps!

Make sure to hit the fish 'n chips place. I never did find it when I was on Glory.

You need to take the stairs up a deck by where the desserts are in the buffet. If you have trouble finding that, then just look for the big sailboat on the wall. There are stairs on either side of it.

Edited by firemanbobswife

You need to take the stairs up a deck by where the desserts are. If you have trouble finding that, then just look for the big sailboat on the wall. There are stairs on either side of it.

Yes! F&C is on deck 11. I left that out. :)

Honestly, the hub app has been a great tool. You can search for anything you're looking for on the maps section.

Grand Turk is amazing! The beach, the clear aqua marine water. Should be used in advertisements for HD 4K TV's! Been several times on different cruises all Carnival. There are conch shells that are beautiful. However each subsequent trip there seem to be less of them. I had to do some climbing and hunting for them last year. But I took several. There's also a large complimentary swimming pool adjacent to the beach. The small port is mainly Carnival's domain. There used to be an outstanding tall athletic masseuse named Claire who was on a soccer team who had her own massage tent business right on the beach. I don't believe she's still in business on the island. Back to the Glory, what kind of cabin and have you heard anything about guests having cabin air conditioning issues? I plan to take a 7 night Western Caribbean Cruise which includes Belize this September out of Miami. I usually go for an inside cabin mid to front mid ship near elevators. Last few cruises I've been on level 2. Enjoy and please let me know about the cabin A/C and share pictures.

Back to the Glory, what kind of cabin and have you heard anything about guests having cabin air conditioning issues? I plan to take a 7 night Western Caribbean Cruise which includes Belize this September out of Miami. I usually go for an inside cabin mid to front mid ship near elevators. Last few cruises I've been on level 2. Enjoy and please let me know about the cabin A/C and share pictures.

Grand Turk is amazing! We were fishing the whole time and got back on dock just long enough to look around the gift shop for a minute and then board.

A/C - We are on room 1301. It's an OV room. We really like it. I am always cold, so you'll have to take that into account. At the POM, the AC was turned on full blast and it was super warm in our room. That caused some concern, but once we were underway, it seemed to cool down significantly. Now, we have it set much lower (like at the halfway mark on the blue) and we're comfortable. In both St. Thomas and Grand Turk, the weather turned to downpours around the time we were embarking and we were freezing once we got to our cabin.

I haven't heard any complaints from any other passengers regarding their AC.

Lots of complaints about the rain as if Carnival has any control over it. Plus, it's the rainy season and considering these islands have to use the rain water to exist, you'd think people would be less of a jerk about it! I'll get off my soap box now. :)

I'll try to post some pics when we get home. I'll try to post a stateroom pic right now, but I have no idea if it'll post correctly. The Internet is slow. But it does alright for the little we've used it. Pictures are iffy though on FB and other apps.

Edited by lorgir

Ok. This is our first cruise ever. Having nothing to compare it to, it has become an incredible bench mark for future cruises. We are having THE time of our lives!

Don't miss sea day brunch in MDR - awesome food.

We sail Glory in October - Is there a menu for the Fish/Chips? I recall there are really limited times it's open, so any hints on hours of operation? Thanks.. AND ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR CRUISE!!:)

Don't miss sea day brunch in MDR - awesome food.

We sail Glory in October - Is there a menu for the Fish/Chips? I recall there are really limited times it's open, so any hints on hours of operation? Thanks.. AND ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR CRUISE!!:)

F&C was open daily from 1200-330. Except today they're only open until 230.

In addition to this menu. They have some cold salads that vary and ceviche, which I became addicted to. :)

The sea day brunch is incredible! I got huevos rancheros. Both times. :) I think the cantina served it daily though. Not sure.

ImageUploadedByForums1464972794.715815.jpg.e3472b0727eb10b986f997b2623bb7a5.jpg

Edited by lorgir

lorgir, Happy Anniversary! If you see Rsesting Beach Face, tell them Larry and Sherry said hi. Hope you have had the pleasure of listening to them, they are great!

Sherry

Thanks! RBF are great! They're playing a few times today in the Ivory Lounge. Other than them and lazing on the deck, we have no other plans today!

I was happy it was Friday here at work until I started to read your posts. Fridays are good days but I can not wait til my Friday is poolside. Instead of my mouth watering because you are posting about food. Soon, I will be telling the person in the chair beside me. "don't let anyone take this chair I am going to get some of those fish and chips , you want some or are you good, then they are going to remind me I need something to wash those fish and chips down " NOW THAT'S A GOOD FRIDAY! thanks for your posts.

I was happy it was Friday here at work until I started to read your posts. Fridays are good days but I can not wait til my Friday is poolside. Instead of my mouth watering because you are posting about food. Soon, I will be telling the person in the chair beside me. "don't let anyone take this chair I am going to get some of those fish and chips , you want some or are you good, then they are going to remind me I need something to wash those fish and chips down " NOW THAT'S A GOOD FRIDAY! thanks for your posts.

Ha! It's definitely been a good Friday! :)

could you get a picture of the wine list. in the MDR , the steakhouse , and at the wine bar. wine by the glass is what I am wondering. if there is a wine bar. thanks for the offer.

There is not an exclusive wine bar. The steakhouse has an entire wine menu and I'm sorry, but I totally forgot to snap a pic of the MDR menu. The wine is around $8-10 a glass and they have a fair selection of reds, whites, and other colors. :) Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Edited by lorgir

Grand Turk is amazing! We were fishing the whole time and got back on dock just long enough to look around the gift shop for a minute and then board.

A/C - We are on room 1301. It's an OV room. We really like it. I am always cold, so you'll have to take that into account. At the POM, the AC was turned on full blast and it was super warm in our room. That caused some concern, but once we were underway, it seemed to cool down significantly. Now, we have it set much lower (like at the halfway mark on the blue) and we're comfortable. In both St. Thomas and Grand Turk, the weather turned to downpours around the time we were embarking and we were freezing once we got to our cabin.

I haven't heard any complaints from any other passengers regarding their AC.

Lots of complaints about the rain as if Carnival has any control over it. Plus, it's the rainy season and considering these islands have to use the rain water to exist, you'd think people would be less of a jerk about it! I'll get off my soap box now. :)

I'll try to post some pics when we get home. I'll try to post a stateroom pic right now, but I have no idea if it'll post correctly. The Internet is slow. But it does alright for the little we've used it. Pictures are iffy though on FB and other apps.

Thank you for the intel on the air conditioning situation! Interesting regarding the rain. You are right Carnival can't control Mother Nature the way we can't in the airline business!Last September I took my cruise on the Breeze-Eastern Caribbean. And most of the islands were having drought conditions. Sorry that the rain was continuous. I've been very lucky on my six cruises, all Carnival weather wise. The rain events seemed to be at night while sailing. On my Conquest cruise in 2014, my first ever ocean view cabin it was a bit choppy and active one night and it was cool feeling and seeing the waves lap the ship below my window "enthusiastically." And I've always wondered if the room thermostats actually worked. I always keep mind all the way in the blue!:)