How easy is it to take UBER from Port of Miami to FLL airport?

ItzRav

Greetings. We're booked on the Feb 19 to Mar 5 2017 Eclipse to Southern Caribbean. We're planning on flying to FLL rather than MIA to get a much better price on airfare, then staying overnight at a hotel near the port (which we've already booked).

We're aware of shuttles such as SAS, but since the price for UBER from FLL to our hotel is about the same as the shuttle, we're going to do that.

Upon return to the port, we'd also like to take UBER from the Port of Miami back to FLL.

The question is: Does anyone have any experience taking an UBER car from the port to FLL? Given that thousands of people disembark at the same time, how easy is it to get an UBER car? Thanks.

Easy. I just put in my location manually as Terminal B, Getaway (or whatever), Port of Miami. Even if I hadn't done that the Uber app would pinpoint where you were. I also texted the driver that my husband had an orange ball cap on and I had a lime green suitcase...to enable the driver to pick us out of the crowds... Driver arrived in under 5 minutes.

Easy. I just put in my location manually as Terminal B, Getaway (or whatever), Port of Miami. Even if I hadn't done that the Uber app would pinpoint where you were. I also texted the driver that my husband had an orange ball cap on and I had a lime green suitcase...to enable the driver to pick us out of the crowds... Driver arrived in under 5 minutes.

Thanks -- that's very helpful. Is Celebrity always "Terminal B"? Otherwise, will it be obvious once we get off which terminal it is? I assume "Getaway" was the name of the ship.

Greetings. We're booked on the Feb 19 to Mar 5 2017 Eclipse to Southern Caribbean. We're planning on flying to FLL rather than MIA to get a much better price on airfare, then staying overnight at a hotel near the port (which we've already booked).

We're aware of shuttles such as SAS, but since the price for UBER from FLL to our hotel is about the same as the shuttle, we're going to do that.

Upon return to the port, we'd also like to take UBER from the Port of Miami back to FLL.

The question is: Does anyone have any experience taking an UBER car from the port to FLL? Given that thousands of people disembark at the same time, how easy is it to get an UBER car? Thanks.

It just depends where the drivers are. I prefer Uber but when I got off my cruise, I opened the Uber app, it was a 16 minute wait. I chose a taxi that was sitting there and probably paid twice the price for reading 100 ads in the back seat

It just depends where the drivers are. I prefer Uber but when I got off my cruise, I opened the Uber app, it was a 16 minute wait. I chose a taxi that was sitting there and probably paid twice the price for reading 100 ads in the back seat

Miami has different levels if one is too busy then you can try with another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on an October Miami cruise. What I'm doing is checking Uber rates at the time I plan on using them. E.g., Saturday evening, 8:30ish, I check rates from FLL to Miami and then on Sunday morning, 8ish, I check rates from Port of Miami to FLL.

I'm on an October Miami cruise. What I'm doing is checking Uber rates at the time I plan on using them. E.g., Saturday evening, 8:30ish, I check rates from FLL to Miami and then on Sunday morning, 8ish, I check rates from Port of Miami to FLL.

I heard somewhere, that Miami is running a trial on reserved rides, or something like that, it may only apply to the LUX and LUX XL not 100% on that, something you may want to look into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk