How to switch a booking made onboard?

Good morning.

I read here on CC that some of you were able to switch the date of a cruise you booked on board and still retain the OBC. How did you do that?

I called Carnival (twice) and they tell me that if I want to switch I need to cancel and rebook and will lose the $100 OBC. Please help.

Good morning.

I read here on CC that some of you were able to switch the date of a cruise you booked on board and still retain the OBC. How did you do that?

I called Carnival (twice) and they tell me that if I want to switch I need to cancel and rebook and will lose the $100 OBC. Please help.

Hmmm ... I've actually done this with no issues. Called my PVP and he simply changed my cruise. If you don't have a PVP or haven't transferred the booking to your PVP, keep calling. As long as you booked at a rate that allows changes (I used the Past Guest rate), you should be able to change your booking without issues. Just make sure that they keep your same booking number and you will keep your OBC. If you booked ES, you're probably out of luck.

Good morning.

Please keep us updated, Riemercruisin, as we're hoping to do this in September. Best of luck in getting it resolved!

Good morning.

You have been given misinformation.

We've done this half a dozen times so far.

We call our PVP, who transfers the new cruise to our booking number. Since we always book on board using Past Guest rate, there are no fees nor penalties to switch.

If you don't have a PVP, call Carnival and get one. It's nice to have a relationship with someone who helps us.

Thank you all!

I called back and spoke to someone who could do it in 6 minutes.:)

Now I'm trying to see why the onboard booking OBC wouldn't change.

I went from a 5-day cruise ($50 OBC) to an 8-day cruise and still $50 OBC.

I was under the impression that I would get the higher OBC because it's a longer cruise....:confused:

Thank you all!

I called back and spoke to someone who could do it in 6 minutes.:)

Now I'm trying to see why the onboard booking OBC wouldn't change.

I went from a 5-day cruise ($50 OBC) to an 8-day cruise and still $50 OBC.

I was under the impression that I would get the higher OBC because it's a longer cruise....:confused:

That credit needs to be manually applied and adjusted. Are you seeing 50 OBC online or in your cabin report? If online, it takes forever to update and you're better off getting a new email sent with the updated amount, if you are going by your email, you will need to call them back to have them manually adjust to the 8-day rate, the system does not do it automatically.