FTTF for conquest?

krisbtr

I have a cruise booked April 2017 on the conquest out of Fort Lauderdale. I've been reading horror stories about the boarding process there, is it worth it to get FTTF or should we just plan on showing up early

We just had it at the end of April and what a disaster. The port is very disorganized. What I suggest is hang around the area to board around noon and then when they start, just gang rush to get on. There is no control so you should be on quickly. The ship doesn't care about tendering and being lead to get on it. So just jump the line. Again Carnival doesn't care. When you get back, don't wait to get off cause FTTF gets you nothing early. Again just get in the line and walk off. No one checks anything or else you can be stuck on the ship until the afternoon.

As an alternative to FTTF, I was wondering if anyone has experience with just showing up to the port LATER rather than earlier. For example, arriving at 2:30 p.m. Maybe that's a good way to avoid the crowds if most show up early?

As an alternative to FTTF, I was wondering if anyone has experience with just showing up to the port LATER rather than earlier. For example, arriving at 2:30 p.m. Maybe that's a good way to avoid the crowds if most show up early?

that's what the carnival rep told me to do when I asked if there was a waiting list for FTTF (there isn't any longer but there used to be). They also said keep checking if I wanted to buy it so I did and finally got one for our upcoming cruise in July.

We just had it at the end of April and what a disaster. The port is very disorganized. What I suggest is hang around the area to board around noon and then when they start, just gang rush to get on. There is no control so you should be on quickly. The ship doesn't care about tendering and being lead to get on it. So just jump the line. Again Carnival doesn't care. When you get back, don't wait to get off cause FTTF gets you nothing early. Again just get in the line and walk off. No one checks anything or else you can be stuck on the ship until the afternoon.

:rolleyes: lol...."jump the line" in front of me....I dare you.

FTTF is worth it to me in many ways. I had to go to Guest Services a couple times and each time there was a very long line but I was able to walk up and get immediate service.

Getting through embarkation quickly was quick and painless. We were just on Conquest and security had us wait in a special holding area, so when it was our turn to board, just our area was opened up. We arrived later than usual (1:30pm) to embarkation last Thanksgiving cruise on Conquest and the lines were crazy long. FTTF got us through very quickly.

We had a Carnival excursion on our one tendered port so FTTF didn't factor into this cruise, but it has on other cruises.

IMHO it's worth the money. YMMV.:D

Edited by momonthego17

Very good idea and you save $60.

• 2 weeks later...
Horror stories? No matter what, everyone somehow gets on:D

Imagine going through TSA in your home city, flying for a couple of hours, and then arriving to the Port to face 3+ hour lines in a hot, noisy terminal? All the while, the FTTF lines were virtually empty. Then, on debarkation, having to wait 3+ hours for our group number to get called.

I'm getting FTTF for all future cruises. :D