Fttf...sold out..already??

Tminish

I was going to purchase the FTTF package today but it's sold out...Already. Our cruise isn't until October 15th...

Do you think for some reason they will become available again? What if someone cancels their cruise that had it...Will it become available then? Will they sell one to me if I were to give them a call??

Sorry for the many questions. Thanks in advance for your answers.

I was going to purchase the FTTF package today but it's sold out...Already. Our cruise isn't until October 15th...

Do you think for some reason they will become available again? What if someone cancels their cruise that had it...Will it become available then? Will they sell one to me if I were to give them a call??

We booked our cruises in January. The July one was sold out, but our November one was open and I bought it.

Now, for the July one, I just kept checking. I would check several days in a row, then forget. I would check in the morning, late at night, any day of the week and there was no luck for months. I know some people say they've gotten lucky at the time/day when final payment is due, but that didn't happen. Then about 2 weeks ago, one evening, there it was! So in other words, it's just totally random, IMO!

Good luck though! And just keep checking!

FTTF frequently sells out as soon as it's released. There is a possibility that more will pop up at final payment date if people cancel as well as anytime before the cruise. Check multiple times a day.

No they will not sell you one if you call.

Edited by firemanbobswife

We booked our cruises in January. The July one was sold out, but our November one was open and I bought it.

Now, for the July one, I just kept checking. I would check several days in a row, then forget. I would check in the morning, late at night, any day of the week and there was no luck for months. I know some people say they've gotten lucky at the time/day when final payment is due, but that didn't happen. Then about 2 weeks ago, one evening, there it was! So in other words, it's just totally random, IMO!

Good luck though! And just keep checking!

Thank you for giving me hope! Lol! I will check daily, multiple times a day! Congrats on getting yours! =) If I get it I will be super happy! If not then next time I know to get it sooner. Lol.

FTTF frequently sells out as soon as it's released. There is a possibility that more will pop up at final payment date if people cancel as well as anytime before the cruise. Check multiple times a day.

No they will not sell you one if you call.

Awesomeness! Thanks!

They only release about 15, but even that is based on the number of Platinum and Diamond guests on each sailing.

Hubby checked frequently, then one day after we had been out of town, he looked and there was one. There really is no rhyme or reason to them being found.

As to cancellations, last year we had to cancel a cruise and had FTTF, i went to ourroll call and let everyone know an aft-facing cabin and one FTTF was available. Someone got both.

Good luck getting one. I still think it is a good deal.

When they posted FTTF on Monday for our February Freedom cruise, there were 25 available. Bought one for us, and last night there were still 21 available. Must not be a big demand on our cruise, go figure. ..

I love FTTF and got it every cruise. Now that I will be Platinum I can save $60. It's nice not having to worry about it.

Trust me, I know what you're going through. I would stalk the website constantly and was able to get one every time. Just be patient. I truly understand it's easier said then done. I'm confident that if you're vigilant it will pay off.

I feel your pain - It was sold out for my last cruise in February, however, there USED to be an email point you could request to be put on a waiting list, and actually I did that and three days before the cruise I got a "Congrats" email and was charged $59 for FTTF. However, since it was a "manual" thing it still did not print on my boarding passes and there was a work around at the port but the bottom line was, my luggage did NOT get delivered early like typical. Also, although we could access our cabin it was not totally "ready" - but all other aspects worked great.

I also have experience with FTTF suddenly "popping up" online as available ... so my advice to you is to check multiple times a day.

I have four cruises booked, and FTTF just got released a few days ago ... I got it on all four!!! already its sold out on the first two cruises but still avail for the other two.

After these cruises (plus one additional) I will be platinum so no longer have to worry about it.

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Jeff

I love FTTF and got it every cruise. Now that I will be Platinum I can save $60. It's nice not having to worry about it.

Trust me, I know what you're going through. I would stalk the website constantly and was able to get one every time. Just be patient. I truly understand it's easier said then done. I'm confident that if you're vigilant it will pay off.

we booked a cruise in Jan. for June & FTTF was sold out at the time. I checked every day because we are going with daughter & grandkids but it finally disappeared. I called carnival & they checked...first it is handled by a contractor...second they will put you on a wait list but the closer you get to sail date the less likely they will have a FTTF for you if you are way down list so they just remove it from website. If it disappears from site save yourself some time.

we booked a cruise in Jan. for June & FTTF was sold out at the time. I checked every day because we are going with daughter & grandkids but it finally disappeared. I called carnival & they checked...first it is handled by a contractor...second they will put you on a wait list but the closer you get to sail date the less likely they will have a FTTF for you if you are way down list so they just remove it from website. If it disappears from site save yourself some time.

Yeah well June is prime cruising season with the kids out of school and all so the chances of getting one are going to be pretty slim I would imagine.

The "waiting list" has pretty much gone defunct. Others were told there was too much demand once word got out and I saw someone post that the email address no longer works. Besides, they would keep checking and were able to grab it without ever receiving a notification that it was available again. I wouldn't count on any "list" someone offers to put you on. The only way to know for sure is to keep checking yourself.

My parents have a horrible PVP that promises everything and delivers nothing. In my dealings with trying to get them FTTF, I never found an actual waiting list. Pie in the sky b.s. with PVP calling with deals that have to be booked NOW! They fall for it every time! Then, want me to clean up their mess. "Course Dad is pushing 90. PVP tells him he will be met at the car with a wheelchair. NOT! Anyway, I book our cruises (husband and mine), and check BEFORE I book to make sure FTTF is available. Would not cruise without it! We can only cruise once a year, and doubt we will live long enough to get past gold, where we are now.:p I have checked multiple times a day for parents, and was never able to get it for them. Hopefully you will have better luck.:)

Our Oct cruise had 21 available when I booked it last month, still has 14 available. Guess no one is in a hurry to get on board that one LOL On the other hand our Dec cruise opened up with 15 I think and they were sold within a day or two.

Our Oct cruise had 21 available when I booked it last month, still has 14 available. Guess no one is in a hurry to get on board that one LOL On the other hand our Dec cruise opened up with 15 I think and they were sold within a day or two.

My September cruise had 90 available when I booked in April. I checked the other day and there were still 28 remaining.

I wonder if some Carnival pulls off line because they have a bunch of platinum and diamond cruisers book. So it looks like they sold out fast but it's really people booking the cruise that made them go down that fast. I know they are suppose to be based on occupancy of how many wedding parties, diamond, platinum etc are booked on the cruise.

Maybe on my Dec cruise they had a wedding part book or a lot of higher level cruisers book in so it knocked the FTTF tickets out fast. But on my Oct one and your Sept one they dont' have many sailing so those are still sitting there. They actually aren't selling as fast as we think they are, they are just getting pulled fast.

Yeah well June is prime cruising season with the kids out of school and all so the chances of getting one are going to be pretty slim I would imagine.

The "waiting list" has pretty much gone defunct. Others were told there was too much demand once word got out and I saw someone post that the email address no longer works. Besides, they would keep checking and were able to grab it without ever receiving a notification that it was available again. I wouldn't count on any "list" someone offers to put you on. The only way to know for sure is to keep checking yourself.

did that ....checked twice a day for months...just saying...I would try & get on wating list and continue to check!!

did that ....checked twice a day for months...just saying...I would try & get on wating list and continue to check!!

Others have reported that there is no more list. The email address that you were supposed to use to get on it comes back as invalid or something like that.

My parents have a horrible PVP that promises everything and delivers nothing. In my dealings with trying to get them FTTF, I never found an actual waiting list. Pie in the sky b.s. with PVP calling with deals that have to be booked NOW! They fall for it every time! Then, want me to clean up their mess. "Course Dad is pushing 90. PVP tells him he will be met at the car with a wheelchair. NOT! Anyway, I book our cruises (husband and mine), and check BEFORE I book to make sure FTTF is available. Would not cruise without it! We can only cruise once a year, and doubt we will live long enough to get past gold, where we are now.:p I have checked multiple times a day for parents, and was never able to get it for them. Hopefully you will have better luck.:)

That's awful! I wonder if you can get their name off that PVP's list! :( It sounds like he's starting to take advantage of them. I just feel bad when people are taken advantage of like that.

How do you check ahead of time before booking if FTTF is available for that sailing? I have tried numerous ways and never could figure it out. Always had to wait until I put a deposit down to go under Shore Excursions.

How do you check ahead of time before booking if FTTF is available for that sailing? I have tried numerous ways and never could figure it out. Always had to wait until I put a deposit down to go under Shore Excursions.

I would love to know this secret. So would everyone else, because as far as I know, you have to be booked and have a booking # before you can access available excursions for any sailing.

I don't understand this anyway seeing as fttf can become available at any time. Might be there one month, gone for the next several then show up again or not, etc.

I get on Carnival site. I, 1st do a "mock" booking just to check prices. Then just generally look up info about the cruise. When I click on excursions, I choose my departure port and FTTF has always popped up for me. And it says how many are still available. It has always worked for me. Yikes, jinx!:)

They only release about 15, but even that is based on the number of Platinum and Diamond guests on each sailing.

Hubby checked frequently, then one day after we had been out of town, he looked and there was one. There really is no rhyme or reason to them being found.

As to cancellations, last year we had to cancel a cruise and had FTTF, i went to ourroll call and let everyone know an aft-facing cabin and one FTTF was available. Someone got both.

Good luck getting one. I still think it is a good deal.[/QUOT

I was wondering where you heard that they only sell 15? I am not saying that you made it up or anything, but I have been on some cruises where there were literally hundreds. I was just curious if anyone has a definitive source as the how many they sell. When I was waiting to board in Baltimore, they had Plats & Diamonds in one section and FTTF in a section across the aisle, and I counted over 200 when they started boarding. Who knows how many came after that.

As to it being based on Plats & Diamonds, My cousin was on a Journeys cruise a few months ago, and they had over 600 Priority; but they still sold FTTF, even as late as the week before.

Just curious.