Fttf...sold out..already??

Tminish

I get on Carnival site. I, 1st do a "mock" booking just to check prices. Then just generally look up info about the cruise. When I click on excursions, I choose my departure port and FTTF has always popped up for me. And it says how many are still available. It has always worked for me. Yikes, jinx!:)

Don't see how this is possible. Fttf shows up just like any other excursion offered if you browse them in general, but I don't see how you're searching for availability of a specific sailing without being booked first.

But o.k.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I get on Carnival site. I, 1st do a "mock" booking just to check prices. Then just generally look up info about the cruise. When I click on excursions, I choose my departure port and FTTF has always popped up for me. And it says how many are still available. It has always worked for me. Yikes, jinx!:)

So do you put a free 24 hour hold on it? Because I just looked again and I don't see where to check the availability of how many slots are left by generically picking a cruise and clicking the ports without doing a booking.

When they posted FTTF on Monday for our February Freedom cruise, there were 25 available. Bought one for us, and last night there were still 21 available. Must not be a big demand on our cruise, go figure. ..

Curious as to how you see how many are left to purchase? I purchased ours for our cruise next year but never saw where it said how many were available. Just curious.

we booked a cruise in Jan. for June & FTTF was sold out at the time. I checked every day because we are going with daughter & grandkids but it finally disappeared. I called carnival & they checked...first it is handled by a contractor...second they will put you on a wait list but the closer you get to sail date the less likely they will have a FTTF for you if you are way down list so they just remove it from website. If it disappears from site save yourself some time.

I don't think they are doing any waitlists, call ins or e-mails any more for FTTF. It is my understanding that the e-mail address is no longer a functioning e-mail. Probably too many people were calling or e-mailing.

I booked a cruise last November for this month and a few weeks later when I realized I forgot to look for FTTF, it said sold out. I checked periodically but didn't obsess about it. Always sold out.

Then 3 weeks ago, it's available. Got it for all 3 of our family's cabins. One week later, sold out again. Check on it now? Available. :confused: So random.

So...don't give up. Just keep looking. You never know!

Edited by Jayfo

I was wondering where you heard that they only sell 15? I am not saying that you made it up or anything, but I have been on some cruises where there were literally hundreds. I was just curious if anyone has a definitive source as the how many they sell. When I was waiting to board in Baltimore, they had Plats & Diamonds in one section and FTTF in a section across the aisle, and I counted over 200 when they started boarding. Who knows how many came after that.

As to it being based on Plats & Diamonds, My cousin was on a Journeys cruise a few months ago, and they had over 600 Priority; but they still sold FTTF, even as late as the week before.

Just curious.

I believe that it was said that Carnival would release them in batches of 15 (at least when it first started) and in batches of 15 each time. They limit the number of FTTF sold depending on the number of Diamonds and Platinums on board that sailing.

Remember that you cannot go by the number of people in the FTTF section. Since it is per cabin they could sell only 30 cabins but there could be anywhere from 1 to 5 in each cabin. So it could easily look like a lot of people.

I don't think they are doing any waitlists, call ins or e-mails any more for FTTF. It is my understanding that the e-mail address is no longer a functioning e-mail. Probably too many people were calling or e-mailing.

That's correct. You either get it or check alot to see if they post more once it's sold out. They did away with the email thing because too many people were using it.

As for checking the amount available, I always click on departure time and the amount of tickets left gor any excursion will show.

So do you put a free 24 hour hold on it? Because I just looked again and I don't see where to check the availability of how many slots are left by generically picking a cruise and clicking the ports without doing a booking.

Now, I am doubting my self! I KNOW I have done it as our next cruise we wanted to sail the Breeze but didn't book as FTTF was sold out. Booked Freedom instead as was not sold out. I just tried it and the set up is not even the same. I have researched excursions ahead of time as you can get 20% off if you book 3 within 24? hrs after you book cruise. And when I looked in Galveston's port under excursions I saw FTTF. Not today. This is bugging me as I have done it 3 times. Maybe, I researched through another site (cheap cruises, *************, etc..) and then came back and booked through Carnival. I don't have time to fool with it any further right now. But, will try to figure it out later. If I do, I'll get back to you. If I don't, guess I'm just nuts!:o

Now, I am doubting my self! I KNOW I have done it as our next cruise we wanted to sail the Breeze but didn't book as FTTF was sold out. Booked Freedom instead as was not sold out. I just tried it and the set up is not even the same. I have researched excursions ahead of time as you can get 20% off if you book 3 within 24? hrs after you book cruise. And when I looked in Galveston's port under excursions I saw FTTF. Not today. This is bugging me as I have done it 3 times. Maybe, I researched through another site (cheap cruises, *************, etc..) and then came back and booked through Carnival. I don't have time to fool with it any further right now. But, will try to figure it out later. If I do, I'll get back to you. If I don't, guess I'm just nuts!:o

Hahahahahaha! Yeah please let me know. I have been trying to figure it out for years and could never see excursions ahead of time. Not that it matters for me as I'll be Platinum at the start of my next cruise, but I have friends and family that it's very important to.

To see if FTTF is available prior to booking if you are sure you want to book that day (if available) pop into a roll call here or post here and I bet someone on the cruise already will be happy to check for you. If you are ready to book chances are they aren't going to instantly vanish, especially if there are several so that would be a fairly safe way to check. Or I bet you could call carnival if you are ready to book and verify it's available and book the cruise and FTTF at the same time.

That won't work as excursions will not be displayed until the deposit is placed.

To see if FTTF is available prior to booking if you are sure you want to book that day (if available) pop into a roll call here or post here and I bet someone on the cruise already will be happy to check for you. If you are ready to book chances are they aren't going to instantly vanish, especially if there are several so that would be a fairly safe way to check. Or I bet you could call carnival if you are ready to book and verify it's available and book the cruise and FTTF at the same time.

Can also call customer service and give the the ship name / sail date. They can see the remaining amount right away.

I was going to purchase the FTTF package today but it's sold out...Already. Our cruise isn't until October 15th...

Do you think for some reason they will become available again? What if someone cancels their cruise that had it...Will it become available then? Will they sell one to me if I were to give them a call??

Sorry for the many questions. Thanks in advance for your answers.

Just keep checking.

Lightning struck for Jul 24 Breeze. Have been checking multiple times a day, first thing this morning it is available again! Grabbed it as my iPad was about to run out of juice, got the credit card number and confirmation in as it went down to 1%! :eek: (as of this minute it is still available if you are on this sailing)

Still curious on the procedure for when they release more FTTF slots for a particular sailing; the ship is not sold out yet.

IMO, if you are considering whether or not to purchase FTTF, it is worth it for early boarding and being able to unload your carry on items in the cabin early (esp for us w/2 kids in tow) and absolutely priceless if you have any Tender ports.

Lightning struck for Jul 24 Breeze. Have been checking multiple times a day, first thing this morning it is available again! Grabbed it as my iPad was about to run out of juice, got the credit card number and confirmation in as it went down to 1%! :eek: (as of this minute it is still available if you are on this sailing)

Still curious on the procedure for when they release more FTTF slots for a particular sailing; the ship is not sold out yet.

IMO, if you are considering whether or not to purchase FTTF, it is worth it for early boarding and being able to unload your carry on items in the cabin early (esp for us w/2 kids in tow) and absolutely priceless if you have any Tender ports.

Thanks for the heads up. I am on the Glory cruise October 15th. Still unavailable as of just a few seconds ago. Stories like yours do give me hope though. Lol! I'm happy you got it! Maybe I'll be just as lucky!

That won't work as excursions will not be displayed until the deposit is placed.

This is what I have said several times but....

I've said that too but a previous poster claims they have done it and I wanted as to know how because all these years I've never been able to. And yes I know I can call, but I was curious as to finding it out for myself online. I still don't believe there is a way without booking.

I've said that too but a previous poster claims they have done it and I wanted as to know how because all these years I've never been able to. And yes I know I can call, but I was curious as to finding it out for myself online. I still don't believe there is a way without booking.

Yes, it was me.:o And since the last time we spoke, I have called every TA and checked on every website of emails I receive from cruise bookers? In fact I just hung up with Carnival or visa versa. Using my upcoming cruise, and another, I just looked at for the date and info, I have been assured all across the board that FTTF is available for the 2 cruises. And the Carnival rep was very annoyed with me as I told her WHY I wanted to know this info,"cruise critic" she assured me that the only way to know was to contact them and they would let you know. I told her I have seen it in the "browse mode" on Carnival. She claimed that was no longer available, which is indeed true. She also assured me that FTTF was available on my upcoming cruise. While she was talking, I pulled my cruise up and checked availability. SOLD OUT! When I told her this, she hung up on me. So, sorry for my stupidity. Apparently, I just have been lucky that since I usually book about 11 months in advance, it was available. I just THOUGHT I knew ahead of time. Now it is time for me to slink off this thread with my tail between my legs! :o

Yes, it was me.:o And since the last time we spoke, I have called every TA and checked on every website of emails I receive from cruise bookers? In fact I just hung up with Carnival or visa versa. Using my upcoming cruise, and another, I just looked at for the date and info, I have been assured all across the board that FTTF is available for the 2 cruises. And the Carnival rep was very annoyed with me as I told her WHY I wanted to know this info,"cruise critic" she assured me that the only way to know was to contact them and they would let you know. I told her I have seen it in the "browse mode" on Carnival. She claimed that was no longer available, which is indeed true. She also assured me that FTTF was available on my upcoming cruise. While she was talking, I pulled my cruise up and checked availability. SOLD OUT! When I told her this, she hung up on me. So, sorry for my stupidity. Apparently, I just have been lucky that since I usually book about 11 months in advance, it was available. I just THOUGHT I knew ahead of time. Now it is time for me to slink off this thread with my tail between my legs! :o

Well there goes that theory of calling them before you book to see if it's available. Thanks for coming back with the update. I thought I was really computer challenged!

Both times we have booked our cruise FTTF is always sold out. I get to my desk at work around 7am est.. so the first thing i do is log into carnival account and check the "excursions" where the FTTF is listed. Ive always been able to grab one, might take a week might be less.. I booked one this week and it was sold out, sat down at my desk next morning checked and one was available so i snagged it. They release a few at a time when people book, im sure its a percentage or something. Also seems like they become available early in the morning.

Could be that employee was answering as to whether or not fttf is offered at the port you leave from since it's not offered at every port. Still she didn't have to hang up. I doubt she even checked.

You were just lucky in the past. There's no way to know before you book. And even if you book very early, it can still be sold out. Just last week, they opened up a whopping 71 excursions for our Vista cruise for next August including fttf. And as of today there are very few tickets left. Anyone who books after the next couple of weeks will likely be out of luck for fttf for a cruise still over a year away.