EZ Air - not so Easy

flyboy88

Okay so here is the result:

- princess did not actually book the return flight for whichever reason. They are still investigating it.

- princess is mailing a cheque for the amount charged by Delta.

- Princess offered a $50 future travel credit for each of them... Which I think is kinda of a joke given the situation. Thoughts?

Yes, a joke. They should have given them equal value to the flight that got screwed up. Princess amazes me sometimes. I am glad it is resolved.

Thank you for this heads OP. In my case I am going to ticket very soon to lock it in and will verify every detail is set correctly. Yes, I know I lose the "flexibility" but the fare is great! right now.

- Princess offered a $50 future travel credit for each of them... Which I think is kinda of a joke given the situation. Thoughts?

$50? They would've been better off giving nothing at all - $0 is less embarrassing than $50 :eek:!

- princess did not actually book the return flight for whichever reason. They are still investigating it.

I'm glad Princess admitted their mistake and reimbursed you the money for the tickets. But, yeah, it seems $50 X 2 is a bit stingy. Glad it got resolved.

If there is a moral to this story it is:

Avoid booking with Delta Airlines if at all possible.

How on earth is that the moral to this story? The fault was with Princess for not booking and paying for the return ticket. Whether or not Delta is a "good" or a "bad" airline in this case is completely irrelevant.

To the OP: I'm happy to hear that you were able to get the situation resolved and a full refund for the extra expense incurred by your parents.

If there is a moral to this story it is:

Avoid booking with Delta Airlines if at all possible.

This is so true. Especially if it is one of their local "partner" airlines. They have stranded me overnight twice.

The good news is that your parents have been made whole financially, they did not incur any extra expenses now that Princess has paid them for the flights.

But I also agree that the $50 pp credit is rather cheap since this was a Princess mistake fully within their control. They could, and should, have offered more as an apology. As it stands, I can see that you and your parents will be very reluctant to book EZ Air in the future and that will be well more than $50 pp loss to Princess.

To those who are worried about booking EZ Air: I used it last year on Delta to fly into Rome and out of Barcelona. Was able to select seats immediately, and had no issues whatsoever. I also have status on Delta and checked the flights often for fare drops.

This is in no way Delta's fault. It does not contribute to "don't book with Delta." We could easily collect stories here regarding almost every airline. My family has a personal horror story with American to the point that family refuses to fly them.....I take the approach that stuff happens with every airline.

As to the Princess $50 offer--that's ridiculous. I'm sure Princes will have a conversation with Delta and that the cruise line will not be out anywhere near the full cost of the tickets. But that's between two large corporations.

The $50 if almost an insult. They would have looked better had they offered only an apology and the refund check. This was a huge problem and huge stress for your parents, and resulted in significant time running down the problem after the fact. I don't know what the "right" amount is, but I could certainly see something like complimentary one way EZ Air on your next cruise. Otherwise, I suspect this family will never book EZ Air again....and may never cruise Princess again.

It's rather like the fast food place that gave me the wrong meal rather late on a rainy night. Translation--I didn't want to go out and pick up the right food. I phoned them and told them what I'd ordered and what I'd gotten. They sent 2 coupons, each good for a free meal and said they hoped I'd give them a chance to do it right the next time. SO, I got more than I'd "lost," but only if I went back to them.

• 6 months later...