Staggered boarding!

linbobky

It's 'Staggered Check-in' not boarding. I haven't seen any new ports announced. :)

LOL! I have been reading so many threads that said staggered boarding, it just stuck in my head! I knew better!:)

thanks for the reply!:)

I think Norfolk is supposed to start this month

For a few cruises? Why would they even bother when other ports like Port Canaveral haven't done it yet and they have cruise ships every week? Norfolk doesn't even have FTTF for goodness sake. I would be very surprised if they did it at all for the 2 times a year they're there.

Edited by firemanbobswife

A new port has been added to Carnival website FAQs > Staggered Checkin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Wow I am really surprised they are going to start in Norfolk. Seems like such a waste of time for only a handful of cruises a year. Hope everyone gets their early check in times since they don't have FTTF.

For a few cruises? Why would they even bother when other ports like Port Canaveral haven't done it yet and they have cruise ships every week? Norfolk doesn't even have FTTF for goodness sake. I would be very surprised if they did it at all for the 2 times a year they're there.

We have the 8 day booked in October out of Norfolk and online there was the option to select your staggered check-in time. Seems silly to me too but it sure looks like they are implementing it.

So it's been a few years since we cruised what is staggered and how do I know if we have it?

It will be part of the online check in process. Very few ports have this pilot program. Carnival will also send you an email telling you to select a time regardless of your status as Plat, FTTF, etc.

LOL! I have been reading so many threads that said staggered boarding, it just stuck in my head! I knew better!:)

thanks for the reply!:)

You're welcome. :) I know. I've seen it many times as well. And that a lot of Cabin Stewards must be name Stewart. :D