Wonder If We Were On the Same Seadream?

adelle

We booked Seadream over 18 months ago for our 25th Anniversary. Another couple sailed with us. We just recently returned. Over all we had a great time. We spent additional time in Spain on the front and at the end of the cruise. Overall it was a nice trip, but the land portion exceeded the criuse portion. I had such extremely high expectations based on Seadream's marketing and then reinforced by the Cruise Critic Board. I left the cruise wondering if I was on the same Seadream cruise line. Where was the caviar? We had caviar one cocktail hour, one appetizer at dinner and a dab on eggs with smoked salmon for the last breakfast. There was NO champagne and caviar splash the entire cruise. The marina was not available the entire cruise. The marina and the champagne and caviar splash were two of the main reasons we booked Seadream over a 6 star cruise line for this special occasion. I felt like we were on a step-children's cruise.

The service was great. I have no problem with the service. It is definitely 6 star like the 6 star cruise lines we have used. However we did not receive the product that was advertised and sold to us. We are trying another cruise line for Thanksgiving. Not sure that I would try Seadream again after such a disappointment about Seadream not providing the things that they market as their trademarks.

adelle,

We have heard about the reduction in complimentary caviar offerings, but this is the first I have heard about the watersports marina and the splash party not being offered!!!

Did you inquire as to the reason for SeaDream not offering them? I am very curious as to why. Hopefully, it was a weather-related reason, and not a new policy.

We sail in three weeks! Yikes!

Bill

Bill,

I think you have a much better chance in the Caribbean to have use of the marina and have the Caviar and Champagne Splash included. I wouldn't worry.

In our situation, after a few days into the cruise I heard from a fellow passenger that the ports we visited would not allow use of the marina. Seadream never told us personally. I would have thought that the cruise line would have checked this out ahead of time and informed those of us who were booked on the cruise. There was one group that was really unhappy to find out about this midway into the cruise.

There was absolutely no explanation about why they didn't have the Champagne and Caviar Splash on our cruise. To rub salt in the wound, on the last night they announced that the next cruise would have their Champagne and Caviar Splash. What a slap in the face to our step-child cruisers!!

What really irritates me is that I had called the Seadream 800 number before the cruise to ask about the marina and the Caviar and Champagne Splash on our cruise. I was told that we would use the marina in either Cartegena or Alicante and that the Champagne and Caviar Splash would take place in the pool since we wouldn't be at a beach. Did not happen!!! Go figure. Wouldn't you be upset also?

Hope you have a great cruise. The people on the ship are wonderful. Are you on Seadream I or II? We were on Seadream II and the service was wonderful on the ship. Too bad the company's management doesn't quite live up to the quality of the shipboard crew.

Adelle

Archived