Accessibility RCCL vs Princess

Mikeyto

Hello, I'm an avid Princess cruiser who uses a manual wheelchair full-time. I am wanting to give RCCL a try, specifically Oasis or Freedom Class ships. Can anyone who has been on both lines let me know your thoughts on accessibility? Princess has always been great to me and ensures my accessibility needs are meet to include a spacious stateroom and assistance on/off the ship at ports without hesitation.

Thanks!

Hello, I'm an avid Princess cruiser who uses a manual wheelchair full-time. I am wanting to give RCCL a try, specifically Oasis or Freedom Class ships. Can anyone who has been on both lines let me know your thoughts on accessibility? Princess has always been great to me and ensures my accessibility needs are meet to include a spacious stateroom and assistance on/off the ship at ports without hesitation.

Thanks!

I have always found RCCL very accessible. I have tendered in almost every port with out any problems. I have only been on a Freedom class of the two you are comparing. Cabin was very spacious Staff has always treated me very well. I use a manual wheelchair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Each year cruise with a group that most of us have MS and most use Scooters/wheelchairs. We prefer RCCL for overall accessibility particularly the Oasis Class Ships. As previously posted all ports on any of the Oasis Class Ships ( Oasis, Allure , Harmony) will only have docked ports. Also all RCCL ships have one pool and one hot tub with a chair lift.

Edited by xxoocruiser

I've been on both Oasis and Allure of the Seas (eastern and western Caribbean) with my sister, who uses a scooter and has MS (she walks full time with a cane but uses a scooter exclusively on the ship). We found both of those ships very accessible-friendly. All public bathrooms have automatic door both outside to get into the restroom and inside to get into the accessible stalls. The buffet always had tables for wheelchair users and the staff makes sure they were available. We even had a staff make someone move when we came along. Never had any issues getting on and off the ships (all docked as others have already said).

Your thread is interesting because we're going on our first Princess cruise in October, which has two tender ports.

I have always found RCCL very accessible. I have tendered in almost every port with out any problems. I have only been on a Freedom class of the two you are comparing. Cabin was very spacious Staff has always treated me very well. I use a manual wheelchair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!