First time Viking Ocean cruiser

Little Rascal

Hi,

My hubby and I are getting ready to book the Viking Homeland cruise for Sept of 2018. We are looking at booking a aft room on 3,4, or 5. Anyone have one of these rooms before and are the views nice? We will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. The beverage package sounds like a nice package too. Any thoughts on it?

Thanks for any help,

Darla

Can't speak to the cabin location yet but remember that Viking provides complimentary wine and beer at lunch and dinner. They also welcome you to purchase wines off ship and bring them aboard without a corkage fee. If you choose a higher category stateroom the minibar is restocked daily and their cocktails etc are quite reasonably priced in the bars. You would have to drink a LOT to make the beverage package cost effective.

My mother and I had an aft DV cabin on deck 5 on our recent Viking Sea cruise. It was a beautiful room and the deck is a little longer than side decks. We were able to use our deck in all weather as we never got the breeze. Our cabin was right under the infinity pool so we had protection over ahead from the sun and any rain, also. I would highly recommend a cabin on the stern.

Thank you both for your response. I think we will book the same room that you had 2dogcarol. I called this morning and it is still available. That's great news about bringing on our own wine also. I just need to find a liquor store in Sweden. We took a Oceania cruise once and they allowed it also. We are really excited about this cruise. I have been looking at the brochure on Viking Oceans since they started. It's still two years out....Darn! We also have two dogs Carol.

Little Rascal,

I agree with Carol's and mhb1757's comments on your inquiry. Last fall we cruised on the Viking Star and had a corner aft facing cabin on deck 3. It was delightful. We especially enjoyed "sailaways" at the end of a day in port. It gave us a whole new perspective on our day's adventures. Unbeknowst to us at the time, we were also on the same cruise on the Viking Sea that Carol refers to in her reply. We figured it our later on Cruise Critic when I wrote a "Thank You Viking Cruises" post a couple of weeks ago. We are still reliving the wonderful experiences from both cruises and are looking forward to going again.