Help! NCL or Celebrity

sowindct

Nita..............................please, I am not trying to start anything here but we were also on the Spirit and we weren't "so biased we were looking for little flaws." I consider getting handed a bagel that is as hard as a hockey puck TWICE isn't such a small thing. The staff member manning the toaster thought nothing of it?We are experienced enough to overlook the small stuff on a 2 day sample cruise, there was a lot of small stuff and they took our money.

" I can guarantee anyone, there is no way the Galaxy could offer a better time than we had on the Jewel. "

How can you make a statement like that and then find fault with what ever John felt?

Really, is there any doubt that Celebrity offers a more refined cruise experience. I think all of our conjecture and opinions mean nothing here. More days, less money......Celebrity? Of course.

oh, catmand, don't get me wrong, for the most part I do agree with what you are saying. Yes, Celebrity is more refined; no question. I also do feel Galaxy could not offer a better cruise than we had on the Jewel. This is not to knock Celebrity or the Jewel. I have cruised 19 times I think, on all but one mass marketed line. My two favorites are NCL and Celebrity. There is also no way of comparing a 2 day cruise with a 7, 10 or longer cruise. Of course to get a hard bagel is not acceptable, but not reason to judge an entire experience, which I am sure you are not. More days, less money, mostly no brainer!!! We did choose the shorter cruise, more money because of the itinerary and the timing. I love certain aspects of Celebrity and other features offered by NCL. I also beleive the most loyal cruisers are the Celebrity group which is good, not bad, but sometimes they are so loyal that the most minor complaint causes all H3LL to break loose. Again, I know you are just giving your opinion and we all need to respect each other. Other than the occassional person who comes to CC to ask which ship to take, most are not influenced by what we mortals have to say. It is important for all of us to remember for everyone there is a cruise line that fits their needs. I just put some clients on Carnival. this is my lesat favorite line but for what they wanted it is perfect. NMnita

Nita, thanks for taking the post in the manner for which I meant it. I know this is a little of the original subject but it is fun to kick around opinions and ideas about different ships and lines.

We really were torn on that 2-day. We kept making excuses for things, saying to each other "well it was so last minute" or "heck it is such a good price" There were truly so many things lacking we really felt NCL blew it because it was not a very good first impression.

Having said that the ship had a great kids area with a pool, hot tub, slides etc. at the aft of the ship and a very large arcade with many of the video games free. There really is a lot to be said for their "Freestyle Cruising". I think for a family, kids, or people on a budget this would work great.

When we sailed Infinity with some friends who had only done Princess they got to talking to someone on board who told them "Now that you have sailed Celebrity you will never go back to Princess." THAT is just plain stupid. I couldn't agree more with you when you say'

" It is important for all of us to remember for everyone there is a cruise line that fits their needs."

Hi,

I have been reading the posts and reviews for the NCL sailings from SF and have not felt compelled to respond,yet. I really feel the need to speak up here. We were on the 2 day cruise and loved the Spirit. She is a beautiful ship with wonderful Asian art. The price was great and we decided to try NCL after an amazing experience on the Constellation. I would definately advise Celebrity over NCL unless the NCL cruise is priced really, really low. The reason is, with all things considered I prefer the crew to passenger ratio on Celebrity over NCL. We spent alot of time wondering if the ratio was 2 to 1, would we wait 1 hour for a hamburger in the cafe,or if all of the food would come out from the main dining room correctly, or would we ever see our cabin attendant. NCL has it's place and we would probably book again if the price was right, but no question that we like Celebrity better.

Who will never get on another NCL ship! The product has deteriorated. From crew attitude to the slippage in the ship's dance companies.

Trying to compare NCL to Celebrity is like asking if a week on a garbage barge equates to a week on a private charter boat.

In November 1999 we did a two week cruise on NCL from Istanbull to Italy. It was magnificent. The food was wonderful, high level of service, the cabin was comfortable and you couldn't ask for more. In 2001 I did a back to back cruise on NCL from Puerto Rico - Deep South Carribean and Exotic Carribean. It was horrible. I was so dissapointed. The food was awful. In the two weeks I never saw a lobster tail. The cuts of meat were unrecognizable. The ship was packed like sardines, long lines. We were on one of their stretched ships which means more cabins and more people. Our room was very uncomfortable and there was no where to store 14 days worth of clothes. I vowed never again to sail on NCL. I will take my first X cruise in Dec. so I know it has to be better.

Archived