Need help with dialysis please. Leaving on Majesty June 27th

We were on a cruise once where we met a qualified nurse that was traveling with a group of people that needed dialysis to do all their administration.

I know this may be an expensive route to go, but it may be worth seeing if RC will allow her to travel with a registered nurse to do the dialysis. I am sure with 35 in the family traveling if everyone contributed a little, this may be an option

Good luck, I hope everything works out

Thank you. Will look into this option also. Want to cover all bases.

I don't know anything about self administered dialysis. But my mom is on hemodialysis and we have cruised using Dialysis at Sea two times now.

It is expensive but it is a wonderful service that gives my mom back the freedom to cruise and not worry about dialysis. They provide the nurses, techs, equipment, and there is a nephrologist who oversees the whole operation.

I don't think they would be able to help you now, but it's worth looking into for the future.

I hope this gets resolved for her soon. Did you already write to the CEO?

I don't know anything about self administered dialysis. But my mom is on hemodialysis and we have cruised using Dialysis at Sea two times now.

It is expensive but it is a wonderful service that gives my mom back the freedom to cruise and not worry about dialysis. They provide the nurses, techs, equipment, and there is a nephrologist who oversees the whole operation.

I don't think they would be able to help you now, but it's worth looking into for the future.

I hope this gets resolved for her soon. Did you already write to the CEO?

Yes she already wrote to the CEO. Awaiting a reply. Fingers crossed

Oh I would also suggest you look at the Disabled Cruisers board, they might have more courses of action you can take for this:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

You might not know the answer, but is she on hemodialysis or is it peritoneal dialysis? Hemo is the one that uses the giant machine, and I don't think she would be allowed to do it herself on a cruise. There is quite a lot that goes into setting up the machine and running it -- I've never actually heard of a patient doing it on themselves.

For peritoneal dialysis, I've seen lots of threads on the disabled cruisers board about how people get their supplies onto the ship and how they administer it themselves and so on.

Oh I would also suggest you look at the Disabled Cruisers board, they might have more courses of action you can take for this:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

You might not know the answer, but is she on hemodialysis or is it peritoneal dialysis? Hemo is the one that uses the giant machine, and I don't think she would be allowed to do it herself on a cruise. There is quite a lot that goes into setting up the machine and running it -- I've never actually heard of a patient doing it on themselves.

For peritoneal dialysis, I've seen lots of threads on the disabled cruisers board about how people get their supplies onto the ship and how they administer it themselves and so on.

She is on home hemodialysis. She does donor herself with the help of her daughter . They have both been trained to do it and have done it for 6 months so far. I am not familiar with the different types and have no clue about the machines required. I do know that with the type she has she can bring her equipment but they require 1 year of usage to do so. I will check out the link. Thank you very much

Hey guys

Have an update on the situation . My cousin got a reply from corporate and it's still a no go . She did get a full refund from Royal. This does have a bright side . She contacted a travel agent and explained her situation. The agent was able to book her on Norweigan for the same time for almost the same amount of money. She will be in Nassau the same time majesty is so we will meet up there. She has paperwork from her doctor and that is fine for Norweigan . 1 yr requirement not necessary . So she gets a cruise even though it's not with us.

Thanks again for all the help

I guess this is a lesson for anyone with health issues that require certain procedures ... remember to ask about any cruise-line-imposed limitations and regulations. And then call again and ask a second time! And take notes ...

I seem to recall a recent thread about allergy shots ... I know there have been others about dialysis, blood tests, removing stitches or hard casts ... even x-rays ...

Did she receive a response from the CEO?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes she did. Please refer to my post on June 11th. It's just a few posts up from yours . #31 to be exact