Rolling Embarcation?

cmarkovsky

Hi! We will be sailing in the Epic on July 16th, picking her up in Marseilles. My question is, if the ship will be in port in the morning, will we be able to board or do we wait until the afternoon like a 'normal' cruise.

Also, what do you think the chances of getting Posh passes?

Thanks in advance ;)

A tiny proportion of people on these itineraries embark at Marseilles, so you are unlikely to get a very good response to your question.

I'll help as best I can though (and it isn't going to be much help).

When we were in Rome last week (Having boarded in Barcelona), I heard crew announcements saying that embarkation would be starting soon. This was at the usual sort of time for embarkation. However quite a few people embark on Rome, so things may be different for you.

When we were in Marseilles, I heard no such announcements and to be honest I totally forgot that it was even an embarkation port. The few people who did board there could have come on at any time.

My guess is that they waited until usual embarkation time but that is just a guess.

With the Posh passes, these aren't something I pay much attention to even at the main embarkation port, but guessing again, I'd say there is a fair chance that none are made available on Marseilles. The one thing going for you is that of any are offered you won't have much competition for them. I'd certainly plan for not having them though.

Thank you Keith - that was helpful. We are arriving early in Marseille and were just hoping to be able to drop off our luggage before we went exploring. It seems like that may be a possibility.

Thanks again!