Is 1030 am flight to early to catch, post cruise?

littysmom

Just because you are platinum, does not mean you are the first to debark.

Depending on your travel arrangements, you give to customer service, you are assigned a debarking time. Normally we stay in Ft Lauderdale for a few days, so we request the latest debarking time, this way not much luggage left in the termal, shorter lines for CBP and taxi's. If there is a specific time you wish to debark, you note it on the paper. Platinum does have the lounge, where you can wait until you time comes, but last year, when we arrived there, everyone had been cleared and off we went.

Platinum does get low numbered tags like 1 (FTTF gets 2). They are in fact the first off as far as Self Assist as well.

On the Glory we were instructed to meet in the Golden (Midship) Dining Room. FTTF people in the main area and Platinum and Diamond in the little room right off of there to the right as you entered. I'm not sure what that room was. It had a name but I can't remember it. Maybe it's where they have the Chef's table? No idea. Anyway once we were cleared, they let Platinum/Diamonds go first then those of us that had FTTF. They made the general announcement for decks after we left. This once again was for Self Assist.

*Just looked up the name of the room on the deck plans and it's the Copper Card Room.

Priority Debarkation

In addition, Platinum and Diamond guests and those traveling in deluxe suite accommodations will receive a debarkation letter offering a choice of how they would prefer to disembark the ship. They will be given the option of Self Assist (where offered) or Priority Debarkation; for Priority Debarkation, the guest will receive special luggage tags which will entitle them to debark the ship after the Self Assist guests but before the remainder of the guests.

Edited by firemanbobswife

That is cutting it really close and no room for error including any accidents that happen on land post-cruise that could shut down any road or highway.

My wife and I always fly in two days before our cruise and stay one day after our cruise, so we start our cruise stress free and end our cruise and vacation stress free. Given we only get to go on holidays a couple of times of year, no stress is what a vacation is all about.

Out of 30+ cruises we've got late debarkation several times. Once for a jumper they never found, another time weather, then the coast guard was late, another time the CG was understaffed and we stood in line forever. You never know and unless you live a stress free life I wouldn't try it. Miss your flight and you're standby.

I flew out of FLL last year on Friday of Memorial Day Weekend. The security line was awful long and just a mess. Again this year flew out of LAX to IND and security and the line at the counter was not good. I would book a later flight if possible and not worry about it. If somthing were to happen planes laways seem full now so standby could be an issue.

I don't stress out like that anymore. I usually book reservations in American Airlines Ambassador Club, so I have a comfortable place to lounge with TV's, snacks and a bar with food available until my flight.

I flew out of FLL last year on Friday of Memorial Day Weekend.

About the only way to avoid those long lines on a weekend is to arrive at the airport as early as possible. When we flew home out of FLL for our last cruise in Memorial Day Weekend, we arrived at the airport around 7:45am and we walked right up to the airline counter, added our name to the standby list for the 8:45am flight, and made it through the security checkpoint with ZERO lines. We were back in Atlanta by 10:30am! It was an absolute breeze! But looking at how the line was building behind us in a hurry, I know that if we'd arrived just 30 minutes later we would've been hosed.

So either plan on being first one off the ship and rushing to the airport, or taking your time and find something to do in between for a later flight.

Edited by Tapi

I don't stress out like that anymore. I usually book reservations in American Airlines Ambassador Club, so I have a comfortable place to lounge with TV's, snacks and a bar with food available until my flight.

Uh, that would be the Admirals Club now, haven't been Ambassador Club's for about the last 10-15 years.

We were on the Glory out of Miami over Mother's Day. We returned to port but were the last of 4 ships to dock. Customs held things up several times, and I started to stress over being late to the airport. We were in group 19, and had reservations on a 1030 shuttle to FLL. We finally got off the ship at 1130, and caught a 1200 shuttle. Still in plenty of time for our 2pm flight, but I would not recommend anything prior to noon.

JMO