Breeze Cove Balcony #2297...Anybody, Anybody?

jonz

I have booked Cove Balcony #2297 for my "Retirement Celebration" Cruise, Nov 27, 2016. First time in a Cove and I have heard great things. Can't really find any pictures or reviews for this specific cabin. Checked other websites but nothing. I have read a few negatives and wondered how this cabin fares w/ wetness or spray, sun vs. shade or noise from above. I think I did okay regarding location vs. Galley.

I would love to hear from anybody who has been in this specific cabin for very close nearby. Thanks in advance.

Jodie

We had 2288, which is port side. I posted a YouTube video so if you search carnival breeze 2288 you should be able to find it to give you an idea. Now, I wouldn't get 2288 again as it was below a room used by dining room staff for what? We never figured it out but every night there was a scraping like chairs. It was also on the edge of the lifeboats. If you are closer to the front (smaller numbers) like 2282 would be perfect.

Anyway, it's close (other than being on the other side of ship) and we had no issue with spray or wetness. I think there is no break in lifeboats though.

We are on the same cruise as you. We are also in a cove balcony. Cabin #2279. 4th cabin from the front starboard. Worried about the ocean spray too. But at least it's not under the galley! It was the last cove balcony available not under the galley. Last cove balcony we had was on the Magic. #2314. It was awesome! You shouldn't worry. Congrats on your retirement!

Thanks, Kona and Sailaway. I want the shade. I love to sit out on the balcony and read. I live in Texas, I get enough Sun. I'm hoping for minimal spray, although I plan to bring some wipes for a wipedown each morning or evening.

Thanks also for the congrats on the Retirement. 27 years with the Great State of Texas/Tx Dept of Criminal Justice-Parole. I have loved my Job but am ready to rest. Very lucky to be able to retire at 52 yoa.

This is my first Solo cruise although, 'the Elder' (my sister) may jump on at the last minute.

Anyway.... Thanks so far for the replies.

Take Care.

Jodie

Edited by jonz

We were in 2309. Loved it. Not much spray except for one day. Steward wiped balcony down every day so it wasn't sticky. Occasionally we had to sit on a bath towel. In between lifeboats so we got a bit more light but not much direct sun. No noise from upstairs. You'll love it

We were only a couple cabins away from yours. We never heard any noise from above and loved the cove balcony - as a matter of fact, if given the choice, I will only sail cove balconies from now on. I don't mind it, but it is a long walk to the back of the ship to get to the dining room.

We were in 2309. Loved it. Not much spray except for one day. Steward wiped balcony down every day so it wasn't sticky. Occasionally we had to sit on a bath towel. In between lifeboats so we got a bit more light but not much direct sun. No noise from upstairs. You'll love it

i'm 2309 on the magic. i looked at an actual picture of the ship and then counted back my room using the ship's plan. i realize the ship's plan had an incorrect number of lifeboats so it looks like i'll have the right amount of sun for me.

i'm 2309 on the magic. i looked at an actual picture of the ship and then counted back my room using the ship's plan. i realize the ship's plan had an incorrect number of lifeboats so it looks like i'll have the right amount of sun for me.

We were in 2309 on the Dream and there was a lifeboat directly over us. It worked great for us...no noise, minimal spray (if any) and very quiet neighbors.

We were in 2309 on the Dream and there was a lifeboat directly over us. It worked great for us...no noise, minimal spray (if any) and very quiet neighbors.

aww crap. i know they do have slight differences so it just goes to show i need to stop doing my "scientific" calculations/research and relax and enjoy whatever happens! the sun would sometimes run us inside on the empress deck so i do welcome the shade. this will be my first cove and my daughter is five now so i know she'll love it.

aww crap. i know they do have slight differences so it just goes to show i need to stop doing my "scientific" calculations/research and relax and enjoy whatever happens! the sun would sometimes run us inside on the empress deck so i do welcome the shade. this will be my first cove and my daughter is five now so i know she'll love it.

I was pretty "scientific" in my research picking that particular cabin. Try to find actual pictures of your ship (I was on the Breeze) and count the number of coves and your can correlate it with a deck plan. It will show you exactly where the life boats are. Make sure you look at the correct side of the ship as I don't know if the life boats are identical on both port and starboard sides. :cool:

We were in 2276 back in March, this cabin is in a gap where there is no lifeboats so it gets a lot of sun. The only problem and it really wasn't a problem is the floor of the balcony was always wet from the spray. You really couldn't feel the spray if you're just standing or sitting out there, but the floor did get almost puddles on it and then when the sun hit it you get salt piles. I really liked the room and the balcony and would easily book one again. There was no noise from above.

we were in 2289 on the Breeze, and my hubby had mentioned a few times the balcony furniture being wet from the spray. It didn't deter us, though.. I just moved our chairs to the far right of the balcony immediately behind the wall and they stayed dry.

We've had 2288 on the Dream twice and 2294 once on the Breeze and have notice that some of the dampness on the balcony comes from the crew hosing down the lifeboats and surrounding area early in the morning. By the way we have a cruise booked on the Magic next year and yep you guessed it, it's a cove too. We love the cove.

We've booked coves 2x on Dream & 1x on the Breeze. I think we were in the 225? range each time. Loved our location all 3 times. Sea spray may have a lot to due with how rough the sea is & I agree about the puddles on balcony floor- they were from crew members hosing down the decks. We are like you Jodie, we don't want a lot of sun. We were very happy with the amount of sun in the cove. As far as figuring out what is above or below you- we look at deck plans & see where the elevators are in connection to our cove, then look at deck plans for above & below, using the elevators as a reference.