Taking Wine into Canada for DCL Cruise

Bfson

That's funny, I never thought of that! We are taking the train to Vancouver to pick up the Wonder for the Pacific Coast cruise August 22. I was just automatically planning on bringing the wine along with me on the train from Seattle. Forgot about customs. I THINK you are allowed small amounts of alcohol, but I will now be checking! Thanks for the heads up.

I just checked and you may bring in two bottles of wine.....I THINK apiece.....so you are safe. Worst that happens is you have to pay a duty which is just a couple of dollars. But two bottles alone should be fine.

Alcoholic beverages

Alcoholic beverages are products that exceed 0.5% alcohol by volume. You are allowed to bring into Canada only one of the following amounts of alcohol and alcoholic beverages free of duty and taxes:

Alcoholic beverage limits

(While bottle sizes vary, the amounts listed are fixed.)

Wine

Up to 1.5 litres / Up to 53 fluid ounces / Two 750 ml bottles of wine.

Alcoholic Beverages

Up to 1.14 litres / Up to 40 fluid ounces / One large standard bottle of liquor

Beer or Ale

Up to 8.5 litres / Up to 287 fluid ounces / Approximately 24 cans or bottles (355 ml each) of beer or ale.

You are allowed to import only one of the amounts listed in the table free of duty and taxes, as part of your personal exemption.

You must be of legal age in the province of importation. While you are allowed to import more alcoholic beverages than the amounts listed above, you will be responsible for paying duty and taxes on the additional alcoholic beverages you are bringing into Canada.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/ivc-rnc-eng.html

Your two bottles of wine per person are fine as long as you are bringing in no other alcohol.

Edited by meatloafsfan