Anyone have flights booked on ATA

SWEETNLOW2005

Is there anyone who has any flights booked on ATA from Chicago to Miami, Boston, Newark,Sarasota,Minneapolis? I am interested in Chicago to Miami. Have you heard anything from Southwest ? I am schedule to flight out on the 30th. I havent heard anything from Southwest to rebook on their airline. ATA is saying we have to wait for SW to contact us to rebook. ATA discontinued these flights . Why i dont know??? For the last 3 days I have been onthe phone with them and getting NOWHERE!!! Although i have been very patient and have not lost my cool as of yet. THere isnt enough time to get a refund. Refund will take up to 10 days because of all the discontinued flight. Refund department is a little behind these days. Not to mention they didnt notify me of this . I just happend to go online to check my flight and found out.

My parents just called to tell me that they just got a call from ATA cancelling their flight from MDW to SRQ. They cited a "fuel shortage" as the reason for the cancellation but then asked if they would be able to go to Ft. Myers or Orlando instead? If there is a "fuel shortage" how is it they can still fly to Orlando and Ft. Myers? I would avoid using ATA for cruise air for the time being. There are too many strange things going on right now for them to be considered a reliable carrier. They were scheduled to leave in less than a week. No way to get alternate fares at this point. Very shabby!

Southwest is reseating people on their airlines if they fly into SRQ. I finally got a call from Southwest on Wednesday night to rebook for a Sunday departure for 8 passengers.. If your parents can just be patient they will call them to rebook. I have the number to southwest rebooking department. I will post it once i get to work this morning. Please tell your parents dont waste their time and effort calling ATA. I was stressed for a week calling them staying on the line for 3-4 hours getting nowhere.You just have to wait for southwest to call. The girl at Southwest stated ATA sent over 20,000 reservations in no order what so ever. They are trying to work them in date order. They (southwest ) is doing the best they can. ATA customer serivce SUCKS. They want to send us to Orlando or Ft Meyers but didnt want to shuttle us to MIAmi. So tell your parents to hold out. I also have number to ATA customer relations department, who just might be able to help but you must insist and you probably will be stressed out at the end of the ordeal. I will never ever use or recommend ATA to anyone. Well they didnt even call me .I just went online to confirm our flights and found out the flights were cancelled. You must speak with management to get anywhere.

They got the call, they are now going on their original itinerary but three days later than planned. Good thing they weren't going to meet a ship! Good luck with your trip and I hope you have a great time.

Archived