Info for CPAP users re: plugs on Regal (and presumably Royal)

northwestbear

Just back from a Baltics cruise on Regal. Thought some might like to know - there are outlets behind the bed (at least in the mini-suites). However, they are 220 volt European configuration. So the round pins. Otherwise there was a 110 and 220 socket on the desk and a 110 socket behind the tv. Since we were headed to Europe we had purchased cords for our CPAPs on Amazon (I think they were about $6 each). Check your device, but I think most can handle 220, you just need the proper cord. This allowed us to not have an extension cord stretched across the cabin as in the past.

No need to buy a special cord to adapt your 110v CPAP to the 220v outlet behind the bed, just ask the steward to install a ship supplied 110v adaptor. We were on the Regal just after she returned from Europe and noted that there were no 110 outlets available. We asked for an extension cord to connect to the desk outlet and our steward told he could get an adaptor to convert the 220v outlet behind the bed to a 110v. My CPAP worked great and no long extension from the desk.

Have a great day

Chuck & Sue Ann

"pairodocs"

:D:D

No need to buy a special cord to adapt your 110v CPAP to the 220v outlet behind the bed, just ask the steward to install a ship supplied 110v adaptor. We were on the Regal just after she returned from Europe and noted that there were no 110 outlets available. We asked for an extension cord to connect to the desk outlet and our steward told he could get an adaptor to convert the 220v outlet behind the bed to a 110v. My CPAP worked great and no long extension from the desk.

Have a great day

Chuck & Sue Ann

"pairodocs"

Thank you SO MUCH, Pairodocs! (Very cute name, too!) That plug info for the CPAP is great! Yes, we always have an extension cord strung across the top of the bed to the desk! NO MORE! :D Yippee! One more plug available! I love learning new things about sailing! Could be what fosters this CC addiction recently...:eek: Or DH's error in booking our next cruise while on our last one! :D

The day after we got home from our PC cruise this spring he got online & ordered himself the T-shirt one of our breakfast table-mates was wearing on the last morning, it reads:

"I Don't Need GOOGLE, my wife knows everything!"

What a guy! He loves wearing it shopping with me, all the women comment! :D

Happy Sailing!

Thanks so much for the great information. We both us CPAP's and I travel with a bag of cords and outlet extenders wherever we go. I will just talk to our room steward when we get in the cabin and see if her/she can fix us up with the outlets behind the bed.

Thanks again for the post. This place is amazing for great people and information.

Happy Cruising.

Andrew