Halong Bay Private Day Junk Cruise

Bootsy15

Hello, we are stopping at Halong Bay for 1.5 days as part of our Asia Immersion cruise in February 2017. We have read other CC posts and recommendations and have decided against the 4 hour trip to Hanoi. We are undecided whether to take a junk tour of 6-8 hours around the bay or splash out on an overnight one (we depart at 12.30pm on day 2)

I would be interested in hear what other cruisers have done within the same time frame. Can anyone recommend any tour companies that they have used? Did you pre-book or arrange a trip once you had docked?

Many thanks

• 2 months later...
We are on a day and a half also in Dec 2017 and wondered about the same thing. Were you able to find any. My email is lynlitvack@yahoo.ca

Hi, no unfortunately I had no responses - we have emailed various companies which we have seen recommended by CC posts and TripAdvisor for a full day private tour on a junk and we have been able to confirm 8 of us from our roll call to do the private 9.5 hour trip. We still have not arranged anything for the half day, but suspect that we may just get off the ship and have a wander around the town for a few hours.