Family inside or ocean view balcony

All,

I have a question. I will be traveling with my family for a total of 5 (myself, my wife, a 3.5 year old and 10 month old twins) on the Allure. We normally do an ocean view balcony, but have never cruised with the twins. We are currently reserved in a family ocean view room on the Allure, so its a 271 sq. foot room with 2 bigish windows, but no balcony. We love having a balcony, so it is possible to for all 5 of us to squeeze into a regular balcony, which is like 181 or so sq. feet. A family balcony is not an option on this date.

My question, has anyone ever squeezed a family of 5 into a regular ocean view balcony and if so, howd that work?

Thanks!

I don't think you can normally do that but it might make a difference since your twins are so little. We also have a family of five and usually end up getting a balcony with an inside across the hall. Let us know what you find out.

Will they let you book a balcony for 5? I think if they would it may be a squeeze too far. We travelled with a 1 yr old in a balcony and the cot was bigger than we thought, I think with 2x cots your 3.5 yr old would not be able to have the bed out and would need to sleep on the sofa. In my opinion is think stay were you are and enjoy the balconies when they are that bit older

I have a family of five (including a set of twins) and have done a family stateroom with a balcony on DCL as well as two adjoining insides on DCL and I preferred the adjoining insides. More room and you will appreciate having a separate stateroom at nap time! Have you looked into adjoining rooms instead?