On Pride 7/31 with FTTF and DROP OFF, not parking. Arrival time?

LovindaBoat

My loving hubby will be dropping my best friend and I off at the port in Baltimore. And yes, I will be smiling and crying tears of joy whilst he drives off with my preschooler and 7 year old!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have FTTF and since we aren't parking, what time should we arrive at port?

Edited by LovindaBoat

I know that when I arrived around 10:30, I had to wait for the port to open for parking before they would allow me in, but I watched cab after cab drop people off and walk inside. Personally, next time I cruise from Baltimore I will take a cab from somewhere nearby very early. They opened parking for regular vehicles at 11:30, but boarding did not start for us until 2pm.

I have been in your position before. I think if you arrive between 10 and 11, you will roll onboard very quickly. You will be enjoying a Guy's burger before you know it!

Sailed on the Pride May 29. We arrived at 11:30 parked; dropped off luggage; checked in and we were on the ship at 12:30. They had just finished calling the earlier groups so we just walked on. It was great.

Our first time on the Pride with FTTF, we arrived at 10:30a with the thrill of being "priority" and in the first group to board. Check in went relatively quickly, but then we sat until 12:30 before being able to board.

The second time on the Pride with FTTF, we arrived at 1:00p. We breezed through the security lines, walked right up to the priority check in desk and then right onto the ship in under 10 minutes total (bypassing the general check-in line that had some people in it but not a huge amount).

Some may see this as not taking full advantage of FTTF as rooms are pretty much ready for everyone around 1:00p. However, the benefit to us is being able to (wait for it)... not wait.

I vowed never to get to the port earlier than 1:00p in the future. Sitting and waiting to be one of the first on board is a real mood killer (to us).

Our first time on the Pride with FTTF, we arrived at 10:30a with the thrill of being "priority" and in the first group to board. Check in went relatively quickly, but then we sat until 12:30 before being able to board.

The second time on the Pride with FTTF, we arrived at 1:00p. We breezed through the security lines, walked right up to the priority check in desk and then right onto the ship in under 10 minutes total (bypassing the general check-in line that had some people in it but not a huge amount).

Some may see this as not taking full advantage of FTTF as rooms are pretty much ready for everyone around 1:00p. However, the benefit to us is being able to (wait for it)... not wait.

I vowed never to get to the port earlier than 1:00p in the future. Sitting and waiting to be one of the first on board is a real mood killer (to us).

We are Plats and never arrive before 1:00. Why sit for hours waiting when you can walk right on the ship?

My loving hubby will be dropping my best friend and I off at the port in Baltimore. And yes, I will be smiling and crying tears of joy whilst he drives off with my preschooler and 7 year old!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have FTTF and since we aren't parking, what time should we arrive at port?

Been on the Pride a lot and you can get there around 9am with being dropped off but you'll have quite a wait inside.

We've generally gotten on board, with FTTF (we get it so we don't have to wait in a long customs line on the last morning) around noon to 12:30