Luggage for cruise portion

oma&opa

We will be on Land portion for 7 days, then cruise for 7 days (HAL), arriving Fairbanks. How does it work that luggage with cruise clothes goes from airport to the ship with no additional handling by us?

sorry I did this twice!!!

Edited by oma&opa
double post

Since nobody has answered this I will give my experience. We always each pack a suitcase for the land portion and another shared suitcase for the ship which we will not need until we get to the ship. I think HAL sends the bags with a special 'Meet me at the ship" tag by truck to your ship and it will be in your stateroom when you get there. They must have a special storage place somewhere to manage all of these bags.

On our most recent Yukon trip we had expected that to happen but since there was an International flight from Fairbanks to Dawson City we were responsible for our luggage throughout the trip.

Your travels will be much simpler if you only have one bag and your day pack to keep track of. All you will be responsible for is getting your tagged luggage out for pickup by HAL staff at the announced time.

In my experience .....

You will have to collect your luggage at the airport, take it to your hotel and tag it to identify which bag goes direct to the ship. The bags will be collected from your hotel.

What we like to do is pack our "formal" wear in a hanging suit bag. That is the bag we send ahead.

We have 6 days altogether on land before we hit the ship. My husband and I will each have a large suitcase with our own clothes (neither of us are light packers) and a separate suit bag for the nicer clothes and shoes.

From past experience, I know that when we get to Fairbanks to begin our land portion, we will hand over the hanging bag. It will be marked "meet me on the ship".

It is a very efficient way to handle things so you have less to worry about during your land portion.

We will be on Land portion for 7 days, then cruise for 7 days (HAL), arriving Fairbanks. How does it work that luggage with cruise clothes goes from airport to the ship with no additional handling by us?

sorry I did this twice!!!

When are you going? Sounds like the same one we are going on.:)