Sunshine self serve laundry?

canyoncam

There are 3 or 4 self service laundries on each ship. The each have 3-4 washers and dryers. Each costs $3.25 to wash and $3.25 to dry. Detergent is sold for $1.50 per box.

I usually bring purell 3n1 sheets, but I like Bounce dryer sheets so I bring them too.

There are 3 or 4 self service laundries on each ship. The each have 3-4 washers and dryers. Each costs $3.25 to wash and $3.25 to dry. Detergent is sold for $1.50 per box.

I usually bring purell 3n1 sheets, but I like Bounce dryer sheets so I bring them too.

Just off Sunshine in April. You pay using your S&S card. :)

Was on the Sunshine in March - there are point of sale machines in the laundry rooms to charge directly to your sign and sail card, so no need to bring quarters.

We brought tide laundry pods and they worked great!

Each laundry room also has an iron and small board.

Thanks all. Wow....$3.25!!! Just off Disney last month and it was only $1 each to wash or dry. But I guess I am saving a ton on the cruise itself so that's ok. I am picky over my soap so planned on bringing that already.

If you are picky, this may not work for you but that valet bag was only $15 the last time I cruised. If you roll your items really really tight, you will be amazed how much you can get in that bag. You get it back the next day or so very clean and neatly folded.

I guess if you are wearing 3-4 outfits a day you better stick with doing your own!

If you are picky, this may not work for you but that valet bag was only $15 the last time I cruised. If you roll your items really really tight, you will be amazed how much you can get in that bag. You get it back the next day or so very clean and neatly folded.

I guess if you are wearing 3-4 outfits a day you better stick with doing your own!

Not that picky. And not that huge of a wardrobe. I actually love doing my own laundry even on vacation. Call me wierd.

• 1 month later...

Self-Service Launderettes

Hours: hours are posted on the door to the Laundry

2 or 3 washers

2 or 3 dryers

1 iron and ironing board

Vending machines dispense small boxes of detergent and water softener ($)

Locations

Deck 1 - midship / across from 1553 and 1555

Deck 2 - midship / across from 2253 and 2255

Deck 6 - midship / across from 6289 and 6291

Deck 7 - midship / across from 7239 and 7241

Deck 8 - midship / across from 8249 and 8251

Deck 9 - midship / across from 9188 and 9190

From cruisedeckplans.com under Extra details.

We just returned from an Alaskan Cruise on the Carnival Legend. I used the valet bag and of course stuff it with as much as possible. My clothes were returned folded but so wrinkled they were barely wearable. I was glad I had some anti-wrinkle spray with me.

Annie

I used the valet bag and of course stuff it with as much as possible. My clothes were returned folded but so wrinkled they were barely wearable. Annie

That's been our experience also. As a result, we do our own laundry on the ship -- mostly on B2Bs.

Self-Service Launderettes

Hours: hours are posted on the door to the Laundry

2 or 3 washers

2 or 3 dryers

1 iron and ironing board

Vending machines dispense small boxes of detergent and water softener ($)

Locations

Deck 1 - midship / across from 1553 and 1555

Deck 2 - midship / across from 2253 and 2255

Deck 6 - midship / across from 6289 and 6291

Deck 7 - midship / across from 7239 and 7241

Deck 8 - midship / across from 8249 and 8251

Deck 9 - midship / across from 9188 and 9190

From cruisedeckplans.com under Extra details.

Thanks! It looks like there will be one fairly close to our stateroom. Makes it that much easier :)