When's the next 49 Deposit?

cocacola86

This is incorrect information. If you let them re-fare your current booking to the reduced deposit promotion, they can and will transfer your overage deposit to any other booking or even refund you. I have done this in the past.

I don't understand what you mean by refare you to a reduced deposit. If you've already deposited on a cruise, why would you need to go to a reduced deposit? If there's a price drop, your deposit has nothing to do with it. If you are paid in full and find a price drop, you either get a refund or obc depending on what rate you booked.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Edited by cruizinisthebest

They said at Carnival the PVP and the 1800 number that you can keep your current cruise for us on the Magic and book another cruise let's say Dream use the 49 x 2 and use the 98 from your existing cruise with the money you put down on the Magic as long as you don't use more money than what your deposit is supposed to be

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I don't understand what you mean by refare you to a reduced deposit. If you've already deposited on a cruise, why would you need to go to a reduced deposit? If there's a price drop, your deposit has nothing to do with it. If you are paid in full and find a price drop, you either get a refund or obc depending on what rate you booked.

Let me give you an example.

If you booked a cruise for a family of 4 and paid $250 per person, that's $1000.

Let's say this cruise is WAY in the future.

You are now also considering a cruise that is closer than that.

Then there is a $49 pp deposit promotion.

If you wish, you call your PVP, TA or Carnival and have them refare your original cruise to the reduced deposit. That would be $194 total for 4.

The rest of your deposit you can choose for this new, earlier cruise.

So, Carnival doesn't get to keep your $1000 for all that time, you will get to use your funds in the meantime.

They said at Carnival the PVP and the 1800 number that you can keep your current cruise for us on the Magic and book another cruise let's say Dream use the 49 x 2 and use the 98 from your existing cruise with the money you put down on the Magic as long as you don't use more money than what your deposit is supposed to be

I am totally confused and really trying to help you. All I know is that I have never heard of using an amount already paid on an existing reservation to use towards a new reservation.

I was already booked on the Magic when I booked the Vista months later. I came up with money independent of what had already been paid on my Magic cruise to book the Vista. One booking had nothing to do with the other. To me it makes no sense to expect to use money paid towards one reservation to book another. And I can't imagine that's ever been allowed. Both cruises have to be paid off. Reduced deposits make it easier to book more cruises because it's less out of pocket up front. But you'll get nowhere fast using money from one booking to book another. Sorry I don't get the logic in that. Even if you overpaid via a price drop or something, the excess is refunded or given in obc depending on what rate you booked.

Thanks for your help, i know it was confusing but I appreciate your help not that we don't have the money but if the sale comes July 4, I get paid the Thursday transfer it to my cc cause it's a prepaid it will be Saturday so the sale would probably be over

How did you do it and what did you book

My travel agent handled it.

Just called and gave them the new cruise we wanted and had them use a portion of our previously booked cruise by re-faring our booking to the reduced deposit promotion.

We had a Breeze cruise booked at $250 per person, refared it to $49 deposit per person and used funds to book the Liberty for $49 per person as well.

I learned something new

Never knew that could be done

Personally I wouldn't pull money from one cruise to deposit on another.

I want to have as little as I can at final payment

But understand why someone would

I had wanted to do it if the sale was over and the money wasn't on the CC or do a 5 day cruise on the sunshine and spend a couple of days in Orlando or 5 days on Triumph and a couple of days in NO and its a 300 deposit

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So your original fare went from 250 to 49 to book the new one, if a sale ends Friday can you put a 24 hour hold on it to still get the deal without using your current cruise

I wonder why the $98 is such a problem. If the deposit was to be $500, but you paid $700 over and above that, can't you just cough up the lower deposit and not involve Carnival to shift funds?

I think the issue is payday coming after the sale is over, which isn't even known yet. I would suggest the OP wait and see how long the sail will actually last. And if the sail date is within the next year, there are plenty of TA sites that offer no deposit down offers. I've done it numerous times using a refundable rate. They won't do it with a non refundable rate. But once you actually pay the deposit yourself then you can switch to early saver if you want. Either that or put a hold on it which is perfectly doable. I would do anything before using money already paid on one cruise to deposit on another. Deposit promos come and go almost monthly.

I think I found a new way which doesn't involve Carnival using funds and coming up with the deposit at first it was just by the time I got paid put it on my cc it takes 2-3 days, this way I've got plenty of time. I was just trying to be close enough without my DW spending the money

We have been watching for the next sale but they always seem to only allow the early saver. We are booking for a year out and I need to be able to get past guest so we don't have an issue if we need to change the date. Will keep looking for the reduced deposit that allows for it.

Will keep looking for the reduced deposit that allows for it.

You will never find a reduced deposit promo that isn't Early Saver. Carnival is making a killing of all those people booking multiple cruises for $49 or $99 per person and then cancelling.

If they made Past Guest rates with reduced deposits, more people would book and then cancel around final payment, leaving the cruise line with more inventory than they would want.