"Lost" on north shore?

pbinn

I have heard that they tape the show Lost somewhere on the north shore. Does anyone know if you can actually see them if they are taping, or if you can just see the set, and where it is. We will be renting a car and going for a drive in that area and thought it might be fun to try and find it.

We drove through the set in August 2004. This was before the show began on TV. It was really, really cool. The Plane and debris were everywhere - they were not shooting at the time we drove through but there were workers there.....I doubt we could have driven through while they were filming. Had you not known they were filming a show - you would have thought you driven into a crash.....very cool. Will see if I can find my pictures and post.

We'll be back in July before we sail on the TP - we hope to take our group up there to see it ( if that's still possible).

Sandy

Thanks Spleen,

You always have excellent information to share on HAwaii - I know everyone appreciates your knowledge and taking the time to share with us!

:-)

I would like to second this.....I've found so many of your posts helpful:D

Thanks!!!

I'd like to recognize all the regulars that post here on this board and help out with questions though I appreciate the sentiment of thanks. Without them, this board would not be anywhere near as lively and many questions would go unanswered (I don't know all the answers and I've been wrong in the past so it's nice when others post their experiences, help out, and correct me). Plus, I'd be a very tired and grumpy Spleen if I answered every single question. ;)

Thanks to all of you for participating in this board and after you complete your trip to Hawaii whether it's cruising or by land, please come back, share your experiences, and pay it forward.

Spleen

I'd like to recognize all the regulars that post here on this board and help out with questions though I appreciate the sentiment of thanks. Without them, this board would not be anywhere near as lively and many questions would go unanswered (I don't know all the answers and I've been wrong in the past so it's nice when others post their experiences, help out, and correct me). Plus, I'd be a very tired and grumpy Spleen if I answered every single question. ;)

Thanks to all of you for participating in this board and after you complete your trip to Hawaii whether it's cruising or by land, please come back, share your experiences, and pay it forward.

Spleen

Whoooooo-ah! Thanks all! :)

• 3 months later...

Thank you for posting that link. I am booked to stay at the turtle bay resort in august . I am so excited about this bonus resort feature- watch lost ever week. Thank you for all of your effort on these sites. I have read so many of your posts that i feel like you are my hawaii guide. thanks

• 3 weeks later...

:(

I have heard that they tape the show Lost somewhere on the north shore. Does anyone know if you can actually see them if they are taping, or if you can just see the set, and where it is. We will be renting a car and going for a drive in that area and thought it might be fun to try and find it.

People found the filming site of "Lost" so they have stopped the heavy traffic to the area. I just got back a week ago before the rain storms.

• 1 year later...

We just got back and visited the place where "Lost" is filmed. However, we weren't able to take a tour of the set since it was already booked up for the day. I believe you need to make reservations early to take a tour of the set. There are also other tours available on the grounds, as well as a gift store and restaurant. The place is located on the Northeast side of Maui - not far from the Polynesian Cultural Center.

Gary

We are thinking of doing the 2 hour Hummer tour on the day we have on Oahu before we fly home. Does anyone know how long it would take to drive from Honolulu airport to the location of the start of the tour?

Pat

We just got back and visited the place where "Lost" is filmed. However, we weren't able to take a tour of the set since it was already booked up for the day. I believe you need to make reservations early to take a tour of the set. There are also other tours available on the grounds, as well as a gift store and restaurant. The place is located on the Northeast side of Maui - not far from the Polynesian Cultural Center.

Gary

Gary,

PCC is on Oahu...I think you meant "Oahu" and not Maui in your post above, right?

Tim

ALOHA , In 1985 on our first trip to Hawaii we happened upon the filming of Magnum PI at Sandy Beach and actually met and talked to Tom Selleck during a break in the filming, really a nice guy! Maybe we will have the same luck with the Lost filming on our trip in Oct.

We were on Oahu for 2 weeks last summer. As HUGE fans of Lost, we checked out a lot of sites that I could easily find with a quick Google search. We went to the beach, the site of the crash, and their camp. We went to the Banyan tree at the Turtle Bay resort. We also hiked in the valley of Hurley's Golf Course, VW scene, etc. The "Sidney Airport" is an easy site in Waikiki area.

Put it this way....normally, my kids would grumble if I told them we were going on a 3 mile hike, but they were begging to hike to all these locations. The day we left though....Locke was appearing at some promotional thing so we missed seeing him :(. Have fun hunting!

Here's another one I found that includes the ranch tour above. Still pricey, but may be fun for true Lost devotees!

http://www.hummertourshawaii.com/

We are taking this tour on the morning that we are docked in HNL. The 11 day cruise that we are on POA, stays in HNL overnight the first night of the cruise. Our cruise starts on Sept. 29, and Kos tours is picking us up at the pier on the morning of the 30th.

Since you are taking your cruise after OCT 11, I'll try to post how it was. We are "lost" "junkies".

• 2 weeks later...

I can highly recommend Ed Kos...another couple (he is a slow walker)and my husband and I (I am in a w/c) rented Ed's Hummer for the day. He took us on a circle tour of the island. It was wonderful and he is great...a retired marine that has lived there for 10 years. He told us about all the movie and 'lost' sites, but we did not want to go off road for obvious reasons. He is a great guy and very knowledgeable , we had a wonderful tour and saw more of Hawaii than we expected. We stopped at a great resturant on the north side of the island for lunch, went on a tour of the Pearl Harbor base, stopped at beautiful beaches and even stopped at a Wal-mart to shop. As you can see he tailors each tour to the people he takes. You get your money worth with Ed. Enjoy you wont be disappointed.

Archived