Carnival Conquest or RCCL Navigator??

LMCruise

I need help deciding between the Carnival Conquest and the RCCL Navigator of the Seas. We are a childless couple, both age 24. We have been on one cruise prior to this, RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas, and really liked it.

Both offer the same Western Carribean ports, with the exception that NOS has a beach day at Labadee instead of an extra at sea day. We currently are booked in aft corner 9390 of NOS, and there are 9A extended aft/corner balconies available on Conquest.

I liked RCCL, so we are tempted to go with the Navigator, as it seems like there is more to do, and there is one less sea day. However, DH and I LOVE to watch the water go by, so that wrap around balcony on Conquest sure is tempting.

I'd like to hear opinions, comparisons from those "who know."

I can't speak to the Conquest, but I love the Voyager class. Labadee is such a wonderful and relaxing beach day, it is well worth it in my opinion. Having had an aft balcony on the Voyager, even though there is a superstructure you will still have a beautiful view of the water flowing past, plus you will have that extra balcony space.

I have not done a conquest class ship but I have been on Mariner of the Seas, a voyager class ship. It was a gorgeous, beautiful ship and I loved that part but we were a full ship, 3600 passengers, and on seas days the pools (all 3 including the adult solorian one) were crowded and so was the windjammer. It seemed to me- in spite of the inline skating, ice skating, minature golf and rock climbing-everyone wanted to be at the pool.

I have heard also this is the same problem with conquest class ships-too crowded at the pools and lido restuarants on sea days.

If you like the pool and sun bathing thing-I would suggest you do either a spirit class ship or radience class ship.I was on Carnival Miracle last year and she had 3 pool areas-2 HUGE family pools and one smaller adult's only pool(the adult's only pool was not crowded and that was also a full ship cruise) and a nice big super-slide also.

But if you are more into the athelic things you will love a voyager class ship-and except for the ice skating you won't have to be worried about it being crowded. Just do the pool in the evening instead of in the daytime when it is so crowded.

If you like the pool thing the best you could also do a radience class ship on RCCL-I have not done that but I understand it is especially nice for couples (not as many families on radience class)and you do not have the massive crowd thing like the voyager class.

One thing too-although the cabins are smaller on RCCL-I found our atrium cabin for hubby and I was roomy-we did not feel cramped at all and I understand the balcony cabins are slightly larger so I would not pick a conquest class ship just because the cabin is larger-not for just 2 people-now for a family that might would be a consideration-but the cabins are fine for 2 people.

Archived